Name That Screengrab

Here you go...

Screengrab1.jpg

Variation on the recent "name that quote" threads:

Name That Screengrab! ...but not the usual ones. ;)

For example, the following is from a very well-known classic film... but could you name the film?

0526015632.jpg

A few rules:

Screengrabs should not be zoomed-in blowups, but should be the full frame.

Also the film should have been widely seen, in general. Not what you shot last weekend.

All are welcome to place an image up, too. Simply place up a new image as your old one get solved. If people have trouble with your screengrab, maybe offer up a clue after a day or so.

To get a specific hi-res screengrab, you can hit PrintScreen on your keyboard to copy the frame to clipboard; then paste into your image editing programme. (This assumes you watch DVD on your computer, yah)

Away!

Iv not yet scanned down the page, im sure lots got this already, but this one was easy for me.. bladerunner.

Hint for above.. if you get this one..
ht5.jpg

Then one of the co-stars of that movie is the Lead in the movie still post above this one... confused yet. .good..

Last edited:
nope, that grab is NOT from Heat.. I successfully distracted you with the "clue" post. (go me!)

Yep, you got me. I meant to post the other screengrab because that one was from Heat. And I'm pretty sure (or at least I was) that your clue pointed to Val Kilmer, but I've since researched every one of his films and can't seem to place those actors, although she definitely looks familiar.

I'll admit. I'm stumped.

4.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, I use Faststone Screen Capture. I think it's free (although I paid for a lifetime license):

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

Besides capturing stills from any designated area or browser or video, it will capture video as well (from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Lightweight, easy to use, fast, etc.

Just installed it. Free for a month. Looks like a handy little tool. I think I might keep it.

Here's my next one:

20101228002151.jpg

Yep, you got me. I meant to post the other screengrab because that one was from Heat. And I'm pretty sure (or at least I was) that your clue pointed to Val Kilmer, but I've since researched every one of his films and can't seem to place those actors, although she definitely looks familiar.

I'll admit. I'm stumped.

4.jpg

The Saint

I thought about that but where in the movie is it from? I don't recall seeing this disguise. And the cinematography looks different.

I'm not sure it is the Saint. I'm just a "go with the first instinct guy":). But it looks like a "refinding his past" scene. The cinematography has been through at least 2 up/down loads. It may have been scewed?? Just a guess.

I'm not sure it is the Saint. I'm just a "go with the first instinct guy":). But it looks like a "refinding his past" scene. The cinematography has been through at least 2 up/down loads. It may have been scewed?? Just a guess.

Heheh. Im just trying to figure it alongside you buddy. :)

Back