• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Letter From Lorca - Some Stills

A few stills from "Letter From Lorca."

Hope to have some moving pictures for ya soon...

-Charles

LFL-63.jpg

LFL-94.jpg

LFL-116.jpg

LFL-165.jpg

LFL-312.jpg

I apologize for not yet finishing the reading of the script.

The next minute i have away from this blasted contraption is yours, Charles.

The stills look marvelous!

Charles, is the script available for reading?

I still can't get over the fact it was shot so quickly after the script was done. Looks really well done.

Very nice, Charles. Most impressive work indeed. Care to share any trade secrets like how you lit this thing? Is that the sun and bounce you are working with, or are you using an HMI too? Sorry about all the questions but I really like the way the light is working for you in these stills and was curious. Impressive work.

Very nice, Charles. Most impressive work indeed. Care to share any trade secrets like how you lit this thing? Is that the sun and bounce you are working with, or are you using an HMI too? Sorry about all the questions but I really like the way the light is working for you in these stills and was curious. Impressive work.

I don't normally like to answer questions on other people's behalf, but I tend to frequent these forums much more often than Charles does, so in the name of getting you a quick answer -- this is a short that Charles wrote; he's not directing or DP-ing, unless he's working on a really fast learning curve. The short is to be used to get funding for the feature (for which, he recently finished his first draft). Perhaps he noticed things on set, though, and can share first-hand behind-the-scenes stuff with us?

Thanks, everyone. I only wrote the script, though, I didn't shoot it, as Funkster very kindly explained.

This was shot in L. A. by Sweet Edge Films, directed by Gregory Torrillo. I've invited him to come and answer technical questions on the shoot, but he's at the American Film Market for the next few days and might not make it here for a bit.

The only thing I know is that it was shot on the Red One.

Cheers!

-Charles

Oh, Uranium, I have to ask Gregory if I can post up a link to the script. If he doesn't have a problem, I'll be happy to.

-Charles

This looks great! :cool:

Was the plan to do the short, to get funding for the rest of the script?

Hey, Steve

In a word, yes.

The short was written to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Lorca's assassination in 2011. It's a ten-minute script that tries to pay homage to his legacy by focusing on the last few minutes before he is arrested and taken to face a firing squad. The plan was to shoot it "in the style of" the feature script, which I've just finished (with a talented co-writer). The short is not a scene from the feature, but a self-contained film-story that depicts Lorca's spirit and poetry and that we hope will generate interest in the project.

-Charles

Thanks for the info, C-Funk.

Well Charles, that's some mighty fine work that you are a part of there. I wish you the very best on this and hope that you succeed in getting that feature funded, made and distributed. Good luck, dude.

I'll keep my eyes open for Mr. Torrillo's knowledge.

Back