• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

IndieTalk screenwriting contest?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
If you would like to have some sort of screenwriting contest, post your ideas here. :)

well will, I'm in MN, so I'll pitch in where I can with the winning script...Roo is in MPLS as well, he's an excellent AD. He's acting in and ADing in my current production.

Regarding SFX:

I think the person(s) shooting the film should probably dictate this. I'm not sure what Will has at his disposal, but some people may have lots of SFX talent and resources that they could draw on.

I definitely think focusing on story is a good idea though and should be the basis on which the screenplays are judged.

I was talking screenplays...

Shaw said:
Regarding SFX:

I think the person(s) shooting the film should probably dictate this. I'm not sure what Will has at his disposal, but some people may have lots of SFX talent and resources that they could draw on.

I definitely think focusing on story is a good idea though and should be the basis on which the screenplays are judged.
I agree... I guess I wasn't clear on that... I meant the actual screenplays... Free or relatively free of SFX and definitely one aspect of judging them...

filmy

I really think it would be awesome to see what different directors make of the same script. I'm for both, to write and direct a short. Doesn't need to be a contest with prizes, I just think it would be awesome to see what gets produced. Don't get me wrong I'm all for prizes but I wouldn't want it to take anything away from the contest in progress or to put the squeeze on the bank roll that hosts this web space.

I like Filmy's idea that the winning script gets produced...I also like Boz' idea of dif directors interpreting the script, perhaps this (proposed) film extension of the script competition could be the theme for the next ITOOFC round.

bird said:
I like Filmy's idea that the winning script gets produced...I also like Boz' idea of dif directors interpreting the script, perhaps this (proposed) film extension of the script competition could be the theme for the next ITOOFC round.

I also agree with Shaw who stated:

"I definitely think focusing on story is a good idea though and should be the basis on which the screenplays are judged."

Satire

Just and idea here. Seems I remember a one act play competition, no more than ten minutes, only two actors and it had to take place in the same setting. One room, one area of a park, one back porch, that kind of thing.

A small cast with one location would serve two purposes, force the directors to use more than the two person master shot and get more people involved since the set up, cast and crew is minimal.

Hi Boz Uriel:

What comes to my mind is "Twelve Angry Men" in one room with Henry Fonda, holding out on a hung jury. Concept of one room was fantastic, argument was logical, lasted for more than ten minutes.

Satire

Can I play? Sounds like a great idea getting the winners production directed by another. But if Filmjumper is entering I will boycott on the grounds of umm "NOT FAIR" heh

Back