Im on the DSLR TRAIN!

OK, so I have a GH2 ON BACK ORDER, and it looks like that will be well into April before I see it...
In other posts I said Id be just as happy with a T2i, well, we shall see.

I have the battery charging on a spanking new T2i right now. Kit lens yada yada.
I went T2i vs 3Ti or 660d because of Magic Lantern firmware hacks.

Just wanted to publicly announce what a flake I am!

Wait, you're getting 2 cameras?! Dayaaam.

This will be fun to see which camera gets your final vote of confidence. Will the best camera win? Or, does the T2i have a leg up because it's got a head-start to get nearest your heart? Or, does the fact that you've already got a bunch of lenses that will fit the GH2 give it the chance to make up for lost ground?

Congrats, wheat!

So you have a t2i and are getting a gh2 as well in april? im curious as to what made you decide to get both. any comments?

Btw, i think you already know about this and my correction was useless but i saw this comment from you the other day and am linking it just incase bc the info is useful for dslr's which you now have/are getting.
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=172129#post172129

Im sure we'll c u use them for some amazing projects! Cant wait to see them!

Yeah, who freaking knows what Ill do :)

If the GH2 doesn't come within the next 30 days Ill likely just cancel the order. (I have 30 days for full refund for any reason on the t2i)

Though, interestingly the demand for the GH2 means I could likely sell it for about $300 more than I paid, (with my big a@# discount) so there really is little risk to just letting the order comes when it comes. Really I wanted to get OUT from under my LETUS and canon hfs100 before the price completely tanks on those (shhh, dotn tell uranium city I said that

)

@PTP yeah, I think when I asked that question, I was already at some level, thinking Id have a T2i, hence my concern. And I did bring home a new no. 4 ND filter (i have a 6 already so I should be good)

Well, Im going to go play with it right now.. batteries been charging for three hours.

its midnight, I guess its time for a 5 hour energy shot and party all night!

@PTP yeah, I think when I asked that question, I was already at some level, thinking Id have a T2i, hence my concern. And I did bring home a new no. 4 ND filter (i have a 6 already so I should be good)

Well, Im going to go play with it right now.. batteries been charging for three hours.

its midnight, I guess its time for a 5 hour energy shot and party all night!

:yes:

Hells yeah.

:cool:

OMG!!!

How have I survived this long!
I can now use light in artistic ways! No more throwing 1000's of watts just to get good exposure! I can PAINT with it now!!!

Im not talking ISO 1600 or anything, keeping it under 400 and it STILL ROCKS MY WORLD.

Next step, play with in an NLE.. but first I must upload my newest poptent ad..

:lol:

This is great.

I had the same reaction the first time I messed around with it, just taking snapshots in full-auto mode, with the flash off. It was full-on dusk, almost completely dark, and the images I got -- it blew my mind.

This is kinda stating the obvious, but you're much more of a cinematographer than I am, wheat. It's gonna be cool to see what you do with it.

Oh, and I like you plan of possibly returning one/possibly selling one. Smart move.

Why buy two different brands of camera? You should have bought two cameras from the same brand (ie Canon) so you can share lenses between the two. Now you're going to have to buy a 50mm lens for GH2, and a 50mm lens for your t2i. It makes no sense. Also, instead of buying two cameras you should have spent the money on decent prime lenses.

Why buy two different brands of camera? You should have bought two cameras from the same brand (ie Canon) so you can share lenses between the two. Now you're going to have to buy a 50mm lens for GH2, and a 50mm lens for your t2i. It makes no sense. Also, instead of buying two cameras you should have spent the money on decent prime lenses.

He's already answered that question (only gonna keep one).

@LessThanThreeLeo,
Thanks for your concern, I agree 100%.
I haven't bought the GH2, its on back order, Panasonic will bill me when it ships.

I have no intention of KEEPING both cameras.

My intent was to only buy ONE camera, the GH2, but Panasonic never shipped it, I'm still waiting and current trends say I might get it maybe in April. If the GH2 comes reasonably soon, I may very well take the canon back for a full refund (gotta love BestBuy's return policy), however, after I play with the T2i a bit more I may just "go with what I got" and cancel the Panasonic back order. Particularly if I start ordering accessories...

To further complicate things, I may return the T2i Monday, drop another C note and get the T3i, I can see how the flip out LCD would be handy for the way I shoot.

Last edited:
I can see how the flip out LCD would be handy for the way I shoot.

I've had my 60D for a few weeks, still haven't done much creative with it, but the test shots I've been taking, alot of my dog, low down to the ground, no way could you do this kind of thing without the flip out LCD. Of course, if you've got a monitor, the LCD makes no difference, but if you're running-and-gunning, the flip out LCD is pretty awesome!

Yeah, the lcd on the T3i is awesome. One of the great points about it is that once your done shooting, just fold the screen back in and no worries of scratching your screen on zippers or anything else while moving it around! I would look into getting an extended warranty with it. I got mine on amazon and ordered the 3 year squaretrade warranty with the accident protection for about $135 i think it was.

Back