i need to do this apparently

This is an opportunity to say hello, introduce yourself, tell us where you've been, where you want to go and what you want to get out of this forum.

I'm Uncle Bob. I'm a former touring musician, a music recording engineer and I now do audio post. I've been with this forum for about a dozen years, trying to educate up-and-coming filmmakers about the basics of production sound and audio post - equipment, techniques and philosophy. I participate in other sound-for-picture forums offering and asking for advice. I'm married, two daughters, and run my own modest audio facility from the basement of my home.

So...

Welcome to IndieTalk!!!!!!

What is your interest in filmmaking? Directing? Screenwriting? Editing? Sound-for-picture? Hair, make-up, wardrobe? Cinematography? Tell us a bit about who you are and why you're here.

I cannot see any threads if I haven't posted. It's a weird rule. Sorry, but how can I know it's worth spending time to write this?

Hello, my name is Dita. I'm and editing is my poison. Looking for fellow film enthusiasts )

Last edited:
Last edited:
giphy.gif

I cannot see any threads if I haven't posted. It's a weird rule. Sorry, but how can I know it's worth spending time to write this?

You have to trust our opinion that it is worth it. :hi: I know the forum was trying to encourage participation over drive by spammers, so I guess something was implemented. I was hoping it would be more along the lines of 5 reactive posts to existing threads, then you could author your own posts.

Hello, my name is Dita. I'm and editing is my poison. Looking for fellow film enthusiasts )

Lots of people editing and making movies, here. I've been using Adobe Premiere since the year 2000. (Before that, I did a lot of non-linear editing - cement and tape on film cutting reels, 16mm Moviola, and deck to deck video editing.) I still use Premiere, AE, and some other Adobe Suite programs, but I'm now learning Davinci Resolve. I'm editing my second short movie project on it, now.

What do you edit with?

I know the forum was trying to encourage participation over drive by spammers, so I guess something was implemented. I was hoping it would be more along the lines of 5 reactive posts to existing threads, then you could author your own posts.

That's not new it's been like that.

Back