I just wrote out a scene about a ships stored in space.

I have been writing this in my mind for awhile, so, with some time in the new year, I did write it, and, as always, I feel good.

The vessels floated in deep space, far from any star system. Each was shaped like an elongated bullet, with a sharp point at the end. Their metallic hulls glinted from the dim light of the surrounding stars, each several light years away. These ships were in the hundreds, and they formed a cube, with each one in a matrix point perfectly aligned with its neighbor. At the edges of the cube, a light force field shimmered gently, protecting the interior occupants from cosmic radiation.

Inside each vehicle were consoles, made not by human hands but which could easily be manipulated by thumbs and fingers. The interiors were all cold, same as the temperature of space, and also as dark as space. The engines, deep inside, hummed gently, to ensure the vessel remained in its assigned spot.

I have a different version, about derelict ships that are in an orbital shipyard, and they're corroding because of eons of cosmic radiation. The thing is that, if I was to stick to one universe, I could be restricted, but, since I am just writing out random thoughts, I can go through the permutations and combinations. I have been writing out bits and pieces of several storylines, a few which are mutually exclusive, and, if all goes well, some of them may become good stories.

Thanks for taking the time to read my writings, and you have given me the best holiday present possible.

I have no idea, but you have to imagine it might have become intentional after a certain number of times. Even if the casting directors don't know about it, the actor definitely does. It must come up in conversations with him after so many occurrences. The other possibility is that this guy got typecast to the name itself, and after appearing as a Hector in many famous roles, people are unconsciously casting him in the roles of Hectors because his face immediately comes to mind when they hear the name.

I first saw him in a short film when one of my films screened. I'm going to look now if he played Hector because he did play a gangster.

This guy is Hector in major films. It's pretty cool. He plays the same character and dresses the same. It's Hector! Not a bunch of different Hectors.

I think this situation is ripe with opportunity for a digital cloning film.

Here's a commercial I shot using the technique from a decade ago, just in case people don't know what I'm referring to.

Here's my pitch - A kid sees a shooting star, and wishes that everyone in the world was just like his dad. The next day he wakes up, and every person in the world is Hector. At the end of the movie, the kid asks god (played by Vin Diesel) to change things back, after realizing that the thing that made his dad so great was that there was only one person like him.

I have been writing this in my mind for awhile, so, with some time in the new year, I did write it, and, as always, I feel good.

I have a different version, about derelict ships that are in an orbital shipyard, and they're corroding because of eons of cosmic radiation. The thing is that, if I was to stick to one universe, I could be restricted, but, since I am just writing out random thoughts, I can go through the permutations and combinations. I have been writing out bits and pieces of several storylines, a few which are mutually exclusive, and, if all goes well, some of them may become good stories.

Thanks for taking the time to read my writings, and you have given me the best holiday present possible.
I like this story. It reminds me a little of HP Lovecraft. Keep chipping away at it. Would love to see your completed work!

Here is the next scene.

The USS Name approached slowly. Inside the com centre, the crew looked at the vessels.

"I thought we were the first species to arise to intelligence," the Navigator said.

Captain Name nodded - the Alpha Species had claimed as much, and no one had any reason to doubt them, given their God-like powers. He wondered if Alpha had lied to them, but decided they had no reason to.

"I wonder if these ships are from the Alpha's." Navigator speculated.

"No," Captain Name replied. "They said they pre-dated the existence of the universe, which means before the alleged Big Bang."

Got it out of my system. Thanks, as always.

Things are going well, so I'm getting the time to read and write again. So I put out this scene for you - not much, but it gives me pleasure.

The bridge spanned the slowly-moving river. It was several hundred feet long, with rusting metal girders forming three triangles on both sides. A precision-guided missile flew from above, hitting the structure in the middle. The bridge collapsed in the explosion, its metal parts crashing into the water, creating large splashes of water.

Feel free to edit it. Very soon, I'll do more writing, hopefully in a more organized fashion.

Another scene.

The heavy gunship flew by the enemy position, spraying hundreds of rounds from its heavy machine guns. The bullets ripped into the barracks below, tearing the structures and interior apart, even as the occupants screamed as their bodies were ripped apart.

Last edited:
Back