• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How I ruin another family picnic!

My first loosely choreographed sword fight sequence. hahah..

Me, my daughter and nephew, and a few foam covered sticks... enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcNB3mzFrE

Last edited:
Come on wheat that was cool but we need some awesome music to get us pumped! :yes:

I liked when your daughter got knocked to the ground and she was on one knee and the wind was blowing in here hair, just had a cool hero type feel to it.

Pretty cool fight moves there, Wheat. You the fight choreographer?

Your daughter needs a different T-shirt that says something other than "Cuddle?" to be a bad-ass sword-fighter, though.

:P

needs a different T-shirt that says something other than "Cuddle?" to be a bad-ass sword-fighter, though.

It's the "ironic" look.

Hello Kitty is pretty popular with a lot of goth/emo male teens, too, complete with backpacks & accessories (in shades of gray & black)

I haven't seen that much lens-flare in a video in a loooong time, btw. :)

Wheaty, you should look up some of the light-saber FX tutorials at Creative Cow or Video Co-Pilot. :yes:

Edit: Also, the only thing that needs to be between the YT tags is the video ID... in this case, HDcNB3mzFrE

Zensteve nailed the Irony, but its more a happy accident. Its what she had on at the time..

Lensflare was a cheap and easy effect to add some drama. I was focused mostly on how to direct and cut a scene like this. FYI: I told the kids when the picnic started.. "hey go work up a fight sequence and Ill film it".. They had most of it down, I just added a few points of direction and reverses. I missed a few reverses and had to make do.

Im starting to realize that in general when improvising like this, I need to take more unique shots and not spend so much time trying to get the perfect take. In short, more imperfect shots and less retakes gives me more editing options.

Yeah, Iv been getting lazy with audio lately. I need to spend more time on that too!
Thanks

Last edited:
Freaking awesome. Loved it, especially the hero shots at the end, the wind in hair, the CU of her picking up the sword. The background extras were pretty good too ;) Foley that bad boy and let's see how it sounds :)

I loved the shot of the shirt, added an element of humor. The shots were really good and edited well.

Hey wheat,

That looks better and has better effects than most commercials.

No sound? :(

Daughters a cutie.

What about the kid in the background with the bow? Why didn't he finish her?

And the guy at the kiddie pool. He looked suspicious.

Cracker, Roc,
Stop by this week and you guys can help me clean guns, after that, we can drive around on the tractor\back hoe, and I can show you some of the remote locations on my 40 acres! ;)

JK. I have 5 cuties, and one dashing handsome boy. My wife and I were thinking of selling our gametes, I mean 'cmon, we make some pretty kids! Any offers? :)

She looks 25 to me.

Tempting offer, wheat.

I like Oregonean's so much I married one myself. She's from Portland.

And my mom is from there, too. And she made a good looking kid if I don't say so myself. ;)

Wheat,

Don't make me post my brother's Abercrombie model photos.

God damnit! Nor-Cal represent.

Anyway. Back to the OP's topic:

I am very disappointed there are no sound FX.

Back