Hello - We're a streaming platform for indie and student films!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jake. I'm currently setting up a streaming platform called 'Gaffah' that focuses on indie and student films. We're currently looking for content to feature on our site so I'd love to speak to any film makers looking for a platform to showcase their work!

I'll post some more details in the relevant forum.

Thanks

Welcome! I'll be glad to send you a few clips if that's helpful. People need a more focused outlet than youtube for indie film. It's not a great situation when someone spends 4 months making a short film, and it gets buried under videos where people re uploaded a pop song they heard with a new jpeg attached.

Best of Luck! I'll take a look at your service, and tell others about it!

I posted my recent film to facebook twice, both times it got 0 likes, 0 comments, 0 shares, currently sitting around 50 views on youtube.
It's hard to imagine that putting it behind a paywall is the answer.

People don't really care about student films, they want to watch high quality films - they'd rather go to a concert than listen to my "piano recital"

Welcome! I'll be glad to send you a few clips if that's helpful. People need a more focused outlet than youtube for indie film. It's not a great situation when someone spends 4 months making a short film, and it gets buried under videos where people re uploaded a pop song they heard with a new jpeg attached.

Best of Luck! I'll take a look at your service, and tell others about it!
Brilliant! Thank you so much, feel free to email me: jake@gaffah.com and i'd be happy to take a look at some clips :)

I posted my recent film to facebook twice, both times it got 0 likes, 0 comments, 0 shares, currently sitting around 50 views on youtube.
It's hard to imagine that putting it behind a paywall is the answer.

People don't really care about student films, they want to watch high quality films - they'd rather go to a concert than listen to my "piano recital"
This is where I disagree. Students care about student films, but often find it hard to find content online as it gets swallowed up by so much other content online. I agree that people won't spend time sifting through sites like youtube and facebook looking for content, but if it is centralized in one place they'd be happy to take a look at low budget films. There isn't mainstream audience out there for these sorts of films, but there is an audience!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jake. I'm currently setting up a streaming platform called 'Gaffah' that focuses on indie and student films. We're currently looking for content to feature on our site so I'd love to speak to any film makers looking for a platform to showcase their work!

I'll post some more details in the relevant forum.

Thanks
I love idea! I teach students filmmaking and I'm currently posting scripts on the forum for some professional feedback. I would be interested in any details on your platform.

Back