"dark crimes" screening

directorik

IndieTalk's Resident Guru
indiePRO
After a three year battle that included:
losing my DP 30 hours before the first day
a 1974 Cadillac El Dorado catching fire in the California desert
the ExecProducer getting arrested by the Feds 3 weeks into a 4 week shoot for Securities fraud

my movie "dark crimes" is finally finished and The American Film Institute is hosting a screening May 31st.

On of these days I'm going to finish my journal about the making of this movie - it was a true adventure.

Congrats! I remember seeing the site for this film when you joined, good to see it's finished.

I didn't know you where done. Acutally your screening was tonight then....31st. Sweet. Looks like you did beat me after all. We will be done in a month but its been 4 years.

Matt

That's awesome! :cool:

It would be great to hear about all the mishaps along the journey. Maybe make a doc out of it, in the vein of "Hearts of Darkness". :)

Might want to check the Trailer links on your website, btw. The 404-bandito has struck again. :secret:

Will this be making the festival rounds anytime soon?

Good to see you on the boards serano9. This is a great group and you will be a helpful member.

The screening was great. Even the DP, Yaron Levy, liked how it looked on the big screen.

It got way more laughs than I expected - people were really into it. But the best part was when a Warner Home Video exec took my producer and I aside and told us he thinks we have the next "Blood Simple".

My 26 year old producer said, "What's Blood Simple?" and after I elbowed him in the ribs we made a dinner meeting to discuss the pacing and sound issues with Warner people.

Well done. :clap:

Looks like you beat me to a premiere by five days. My premiere is this Sunday.

Hope you do well with it.

My premiere is July 15th. Come to Toronto. Now!

Good luck with that there project, it sounds phenominal. Good job, buddy-wuddy.

Back