• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

ATOMIC BRAIN INVASION -- official poster release.

Hey all,

I just wanted to share with you the official poster for our 1957 sci-fi action/horror/comedy ATOMIC BRAIN INVASION, which will premiere this September.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Official teaser/trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZ7Q-GbjoFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZ7Q-GbjoFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Beautimus poster!

Love the guy in the trailer, too. He gave me a fit of the giggles. :lol:

"Based on the finished product, I suspect that the producers of Atomic Brain Invasion do not have the organizational skills necessary to project the thing on the side of a garage."

:lol::lol::lol:

I really like the costumes, effects and general look of the clips from the film. But I think it would be better in anaglyphic 3D :P

I love your taste in films that you do. Is this mainly the same folks doing these retro flicks?

Thanks guys.

Ya, this is being done by my good friends Scorpio Film Releasing (NUN OF THAT, BEYOND THE DUNWICH HORROR, and the current shoot THE DISCO EXORCIST).

www.scorpiofilmreleasing.net

Anaglyphic 3D? lol. Let me get James on the phone, and get some pointers first...

The poster reminds me so much of old EC comics (Tales From the Crypt, Tales of Terror!, and so many more)

Who do I get in contact with about a screener?

Thanks again.

Buck, it's still heavily in post...I'd guesstimate that we have a little over an hour edited. Still much to do.

'Sweet-peas in a basket'

If i heard that piece of dialogue correctly, my antics of spilling my drink, choking, and ultimately turning a deep shade of sapphire, are well and truly justified.

Great work!

looks fun!

Yup that's the key dammit. Movies are supposed to be fun. I think a lot of modern filmmakers have forgotten that... Where can I get info on how much this thing cost to make and how it was made?... I didn't see much info on the SFR site.

I like the pills line. :lol:

The E.Q. on the 'film' intro audio is distracting to me, it’s tinny and crisp, not tube warm and muddy like an old film and/or sound projector. It's a subtle thing, but I think it's an important subtle thing given the classic nature.

It looks like a lot of fun.

-Thanks-

Yup that's the key dammit. Movies are supposed to be fun. I think a lot of modern filmmakers have forgotten that... Where can I get info on how much this thing cost to make and how it was made?... I didn't see much info on the SFR site.

It costs us around $5K to shoot, and should total less than $8K when we premiere it. Of course when you're shooting indie movies of this quality, you always lie about your budget...we could get away with saying $60K with a piece like this--due to the effects, the vast locations, the period elements, the large cast, and the tight production aspects.

It was shot on the JVC 3CCD HD 720p cam.

As far as the audio for the intro, I think it works perfectly for what it's portraying...tinny and crisp is exactly what I expect to hear. Just my opinion.

Ps. This is just the teaser (hence the intro)...the trailer will be out in the coming months.

Pss. Incidentally, this is the directors first PG-rated film.

Last edited:
Beautiful work! Not only in the film and concept itself, but in the packaging and presentation. Creativity firing on all cylinders - goes to show that good film-making doesn't require a big budget, just smart decisions from creative and talented folk.

Reminds me of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, or Tromo fare. Self-aware schlock with some "brains" behind it.

I'll keep an eye out here for any production updates - looking forward to buying a copy.

Thanks!

with some "brains" behind it.

Good one. Yes...yes it does. ;)

Thank you everyone for the comments and support. We've sent the first lock-down portion of the film to the composer, and we're stoked to see what he comes up with (he is our go-to composer, and has worked on many SFR features).

Take care.

Of course when you're shooting indie movies of this quality, you always lie about your budget...we could get away with saying $60K with a piece like this

Wow, is that true? Me, I'd be bragging about how little I was able to pull it off on. Maybe I shouldn't do that? Or at least not to anyone but fellow filmmakers..?

Wow, is that true? Me, I'd be bragging about how little I was able to pull it off on. Maybe I shouldn't do that? Or at least not to anyone but fellow filmmakers..?

Yes, I know right? Well...you brag to your peers...but not to distributors or the rest of the world. Unless that's your thing.

I personally agree with you...but I've been told it's bad business. I don't know.

Back