movies Are there prominent movies about people who are not prominent?

Hello,

There are lots of movies about famous people, and there are lots of movies about prominent historical figures who are not so well known to the public. But are there any prominent movies about someone who is not well known in any way?

Thank you, everyone. @indietalk, the list mentioned Schindler's List, and I thought, "Of course, why didn't I think of him?" But Titanic was not about real characters, though it was based on a real event.

OK, here's a follow up question. I know that writers and producers have a logline, which is a one-sentence description. Do they also have something more than that, as in a synopsis, say of one page or so, of a movie? If so, what is the format and what is the term for that synopsis? I am asking because I will have a follow-up meeting with my mentor, and I may want to pitch some ideas to him, and I have a real-life personality who is not too well known, but who may be an interesting character.

And, NO, it's not me.

I did see that title as well as Erin Brockovich and a few others you may not have thought of.

did you try asking ChatGPT? this was its first response to me

1. "Slumdog Millionaire" (2008) - A story about a poor orphan from the slums of Mumbai who competes on the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" and becomes a national sensation.
  2. "The Pursuit of Happyness" (2006) - A biographical drama about a struggling salesman named Chris Gardner, who becomes homeless with his young son and overcomes great odds to eventually become a successful stockbroker.
  3. "Erin Brockovich" (2000) - Based on a true story, this film follows a single mother who uncovers a corporate cover-up involving contaminated water in a small California town and takes on the giant corporation responsible.
  4. "The Blind Side" (2009) - A sports drama about a wealthy white family who takes in a homeless black teenager and helps him become a successful football player.
  5. "Hidden Figures" (2016) - Based on the true story of three brilliant African-American women who worked at NASA during the early days of the space program and played a crucial role in the success of the Apollo missions.
  6. "The Help" (2011) - Set in 1960s Mississippi, this film follows a young white woman who befriends and writes a book about the experiences of African-American maids who work for wealthy white families.
  7. "A Beautiful Mind" (2001) - A biographical drama about John Nash, a brilliant mathematician who struggles with schizophrenia and ultimately wins the Nobel Prize in Economics.
  8. "Remember the Titans" (2000) - A sports drama based on the true story of a newly appointed African-American coach who leads a racially divided high school football team to a championship season.
  9. "The King's Speech" (2010) - A historical drama about King George VI of Britain, who overcomes his stuttering with the help of a speech therapist and leads his country through World War II.
  10. "Dallas Buyers Club" (2013) - A biographical drama about a rodeo cowboy who becomes an AIDS activist after being diagnosed with the disease and starts smuggling alternative treatments into the United States

Hustlers
Moneyball
Marley and Me
Argo
Hotel Rwanda
The Glass Castle

Back