Any Musicians?

hello there!
I am a musician too!there are lots of musicians here, mostly composers of film music you know!you can find many things here related to music and cinema!

Retired. That was my career until my late 30's. I still play for my own personal enjoyment and the occasional indie band/singer/songwriter who books time in my studio.

I like to write music. I love making up vocals and I also play a little guitar. I really want to make a professional sounding cd someday. I just have not reached that quality level yet. I will someday. I did go to a studio and recorded 3 demo songs back in 2006. Lately I have been working on making my own home studio. I have used both Sony Acid and Sonar lately.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1118635319321

That's me -- the lead singer. I've since left this band, and am no longer performing. The video was directed and edited by me, but I didn't have final cut. My version zipped along, from one snippet to the next. The band leader (trumpet player) added all the cheesy graphics and lame transitions (I wouldn't even consider using a transition). Also, this video is misleading as shit. The Recliners have had something like a million different variations. I was not in "Miss Congeniality".

I also am pretty good at sequencing, but what I'm good at is the nerdy numbers side of it, not so good at actual musical instrument performance.

I play drums/percussion and guitar, and at one point I tried composing my own music, but it just proved to be very hard without a firm grasp of theory, so for the most part, I've stuck to playing.

Nice Cracker Funk... the first song kinda reminded me of richard cheese. Im a jack of all trades master of none. i can learn any instrument i get my hands on but i get to a point where i can't seem to advance any farther. so i can play many instrument but not good.

I like “Your Cruel”, made contemporary in a number of styles it could be a hit.

I like the one where you sing too (for the vocals), but I’m burnt on that “Knocking on heavens door” type chord progression. (It was the 80’s, so no harm no foul.)

Your stuff is bad ass too Rockstar, nice quality and cool vocals.

I feel a “We are the world”/ “We’re Stars” type ensemble Indietalk music video project coming on, and it scares me. (Could be a benefit song to get ROC a premiere membership.)

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Back