Thank bob for duct tape, at least.

I had to tape my quick release plate onto my DIY
fluid head so that the camera didn't keep spinning
around, so I know how you feel :P

It's not a movie if something doesn't go wrong,
though, eh?

It's not a movie if something doesn't go wrong,
though, eh?

You're damn straight. I learned that with the keenest sting from the emperor of "Things that can go wrong, will go wrong" last week.

Duct tape, i had to darken my room for my projector, taped a couple of blankets around the window. It ripped the plaster off my wall.

--Just to note, reading that back it seemed as though my duct tape mishap was the height of the emperors wrath, unrelated. Just another marvelous shoot going splendid, and to plan.

Last edited:
I used a drum cymbol stand for a trip pod. Ha... It was perfect for my camera to screw into. It did not work good for turning though. I just used it stationary. I also used a large box as one once. Ha....

unless it's a totally obscure brand you can probably get a replacement quick release plate that will work at your local camera shop.. should be cheap too

Dude, thanks. :) But I'm a pretty saavy shopper. I'm at the end of my ropes. Total Top Ramen Gourmet Kitchen at my house, for a couple more weeks. That inexpensive replacement head/plate is looking like a serious luxury!

Iv taken to carrying 1/4 20 bolts and nuts where ever I go.. you just never know when you'll need a hasty camera mount..

That gives me an idea...

I only have a couple more days of shooting left. I think I can Jerry-rig my own quick-release plate, with materials I already have around the house. Thanks, wheat!

Random side-note that I'm surprised took so long to pop into my head. Please tell me you're not a Duck. I can tolerate Beavers. But Ducks... not so much.

83169176.gif

Can you get a ¼/20 screw (Like 20 cents), a little piece of wood (Even a paint stick) and a few washers?
Then you could mount the camera to the wood and tape the wood to the tripod to avoid F’ing the camera all up with the duct tape residue. (Or use painters masking tape maybe?)

Edit: Ooops, too late.

-Thanks-

Can you get a ¼/20 screw (Like 20 cents), a little piece of wood (Even a paint stick) and a few washers?
Then you could mount the camera to the wood and tape the wood to the tripod to avoid F’ing the camera all up with the duct tape residue. (Or use painters masking tape maybe?)

Edit: Ooops, too late.

-Thanks-

Hehe. Your plan is exactly what I'm going to do with it (especially since I already have those materials lying around my house). Just so you know, I did not get any duct-tape residue anywhere near my camera. The duct-tape is actually facing sticky-side out at all the contact points. My baby is clean and unharmed.

Back