Who Needs an Agent When You've Got YouTube?

New viral YouTube sensation known as applegirl002 makes it big:

"Music producers from China and England raced with those from South Korea to sign her up. She chose a Seoul-based producer, Dreamhigh-Ent, in April, and started recording her own songs. Now production is under way on her first album and professionally made videos. “Hajima (Don’t Fall in Love)” is slated for release later this month."

Here she is doing Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzh2UygPwDU&feature=player_embedded#!

I need me one of those doo-hickey iPhone things she's playing.

Last edited:
Comment Quote: "Ohhh... i want to do that... now i just need a thousand dollars to buy that many iphones... OMG now i have an awesome idea... a recording studio made just by iphones... YES let's spend millions of dollars buying iphones instead of buying real instruments..."
that made me chuckle
:)

Oh wow, I've seen it all. I believe this is the epitome of our impatient era folks.

I don't really see the talent, I'm not purposely being a drag here, yet every motion she is doing to create music is the same she uses to text.

If she covers 'Voodoo Child' I'm outta here....

As much as I give this one a big, fat MEH it does make me wish I was WAY more into the viral video thing than I actually am. Seems to be the way to go these days, at least for the moment.

Eventually, this will be filed under "internet historical errata" just like the fake video blog girl, the tron guy, the chocolate rain guy, and the overly dramatic gopher. Must be weird to be a meme.

Yeah, I posted this as of interest only because of the "Music producers from China and England raced with those from South Korea to sign her up," not because I was enamored of her talent (although all things being equal, doing a passable, if not particularly good cover of Gaga using four iPods--and a bored grey cat--doesn't necessarily mean she's not going to make those producers a lot of money). I found the marketing aspect to be something to keep an eye on.

Hey, I like this girl. She's being creative with her parent's money!

What I don't like is the fact that so many kids are growing up without the opportunity to play music.

Guitar Hero = End of Modern Civilization

@Dreadylocks:

I wouldn't call starring in an American Pie Octquel is any success...

Nor being a dayplayer in a film starring Pauly Shore...

That kid's a joke, can only play comedic relief fat kids, and cursed himself for pitching in to the American Pie franchise.

He'll soon be checking into the Burnt Out Star hotel with the Olson Twins, Silverstone, Lohan and Duff.

That is, unless he takes up the offer for Saw 12 and/or Crepiscule of the Dead.

But who knows, he might even get an MTV Movie award for "Epic CGI-Only Movie"........

Last edited:
I said career, not A-list career. The point is that he was a nobody filming in his parents house, alone, and now he gets paid.

Lots of actors start out in small crappy productions.

Tom Hanks started out in commercials and that 'gem' Bosom Buddies. He had a string of frat-boy style movies like Bachelor Party.

Jon Stewart was a second rate Pauly Shore when he got started, and he was cast accordingly.

Now, I'm not saying this kid is a great talent like Tom Hanks. I was just pointing out his story.

'Success' is subjective anyway.

@Dready - Sorry!! I didn't really mean to take it as far as I did... True, starting doing random things on you-tube and getting a Hollywood career from it is interesting.

I was just trying to wreck another one of wheatgrinder's keyboards.

Forgive me!

Back