where to buy t2i online?

I'm wanting to order this camera in the next week, but I can't find a good source for online purchase. It has been 'temporarily unavailable' on BH photo for a a while, it is out of stock on Crutchfield, all the good deals on Amazon are from new sellers (which I don't feel very comfortable with considering this is a fairly expensive purchase.)

Any other ideas?

While I have your attention, does anyone know where I could get a used 7d for less than $1000?

Thanks!

i looked on ebay but i hate it. plus there usually arent very good deals. on bh photo and crutchfield they have no tax and no shipping cost. I was trying to find another reliable site with an offer like that. i may resort to finding a camera shop near by..... those still exist, right?

I'm confused about why you don't like ebay. I get ridiculously good deals on ebay all the time. The sellers I buy from have sky-high near-perfect ratings. I've never had a bad experience. You will be very lucky if you can find a T2i at your local camera store.

Did you check the link El Director gave you? That's below the MSRP (MSRP is $799 body only, $899 with the lens). Shipping is only 20 bucks. What are you waiting for?

If you have any friends traveling from the airport, ask them to check out one of the camera stores.

This side of the pond, you can get it tax free in the airport. It was a bite in the ass as we'd already purchased our 5D before receiving this beaut of a tip.

I'm not sure whether that's how it goes in the states, but if it doesn't, well then it sucks to be you.

BTW -- I got the Japanese version, with lens, for $749. That's less than the MSRP of the body only. The Japanese camera is EXACTLY the same as the American version -- no funny buttons or unexpected languages. It has a different name printed on the front -- "Kiss X4". But it's otherwise NO different from the T2i (or the European 550D). Only caveat is that the instruction manual is in Japanese. For me -- that's no big deal, as the English version is available for download on the internet. I don't mind a PDF manual.

Save money. Stop wasting time. Go Nippon!

i just ordered it on abt, which was backordered like everywhere else, but still cheaper than what i could find on ebay :)

however, i've been looking around everywhere to find the file sizes of movie recording.. and i can't find it so i'll ask here.

recording at highest quality, approxomitely how many minutes could i fit on a 32 gb card? (class 10-if that matters)

I just ordered the t2i (body only) from Crutchfield.com. $750 ($50 instant rebate), no tax + free shipping! Plus I ordered the 50 mm EF lens 1.8 (11% off). I was expecting to wait awhile bc the site says they're out of stock, I'll post when it arrives.

Last edited:
I saw today that B&H also has the $50 off deal, although they are out of stock. I wonder if Canon is sending over a huge shipment to the US? Seems odd to discount a camera in such demand.

I'm going to my local Best Buy to get one this week. A couple of BB stores in my area apparently have some in stock. Best of all, I have a 10% off coupon and can also get 36 months financing. Woo-hoo!

Sorry, zensteve I assumed everyone was familiar with Best Buy financing. It's 36 months same as cash, so in other words minimal payments (like $10 a month I think) during the term. As long as its paid off in full before the 36 months is up there is no interest charge. Much better than buying with a regular Visa or MasterCard and having to pay it in 30 days, right dude? :lol:

I find it amazing that people continue to chuck money at what has been historically one of the most over-priced camera series ever made. I sold photography equipment for several years and it just blows my mind how Canon has continued to care less and less about their actual quality of equipment simply because they know there stuff says "Canon" on it. Don't get me wrong, a lot of there glass is pretty awesome. But the Rebels going back to the old film Rebels are expensive, light weight, flimsy, plastic pieces of Sh%$. Do they take terrible pictures? Well, no, but for a $800 bucks they sure as hell do! Don't even get me started on the 50d, extremely well made but with some of the noisiest pictures I've ever seen on a 1500 camera. Yeah I realize that dissing on Canon on an internet forum is like yelling "Reagan was a Jackass" in the lobby of fox news...but sometimes I just can't help myself. My only real point is that most other companies make Dslr's that are just as bad and cheap as the Rebel's are (why the hell do you NEED 18mp? Are you shooting billboards?) But those other companies price their garbage a little bit more like garbage.

(why the hell do you NEED 18mp? Are you shooting billboards?)

Actually, yes. Sort of. Your average theater screen is as large as a billboard.

In a seperate thread, the issue of compression has been brought up, and that is a weakness of DSLR, compared to HDV. But if I wanted a quality HDV camera, I'd be spending WAY more.

It's not a perfect camera. There are more weaknesses than the one I just mentioned. But I think we're coming from different perspectives. Maybe for still photography it's a rip-off. I don't know; I'm not a photographer. But for video, it's a steal. The quality you get vs. the money spent is well worth it.

I find it amazing that people continue to chuck money at what has been historically one of the most over-priced camera series ever made. I sold photography equipment for several years and it just blows my mind how Canon has continued to care less and less about their actual quality of equipment simply because they know there stuff says "Canon" on it. Don't get me wrong, a lot of there glass is pretty awesome. But the Rebels going back to the old film Rebels are expensive, light weight, flimsy, plastic pieces of Sh%$. Do they take terrible pictures? Well, no, but for a $800 bucks they sure as hell do! Don't even get me started on the 50d, extremely well made but with some of the noisiest pictures I've ever seen on a 1500 camera. Yeah I realize that dissing on Canon on an internet forum is like yelling "Reagan was a Jackass" in the lobby of fox news...but sometimes I just can't help myself. My only real point is that most other companies make Dslr's that are just as bad and cheap as the Rebel's are (why the hell do you NEED 18mp? Are you shooting billboards?) But those other companies price their garbage a little bit more like garbage.

if you can show me a camera that has as good of quality for cheaper, or better quality for $900, i'll buy it.

Well, if you are willing to go just a bit over 900 bucks your can go with the Pentax K-7. Yeah, I know "Pentax, who are they" Well they're a camera company that is celebrating 100 years in business. Anyhoo for about 970 you can get this awesome machine. Its a 14mp cmos censor, magnesium alloy body, anti-shake built-in to the camera, water resistant, five shots a second. Its low light capability is very low-noise compared to the current canon stuff (under the 7d anyway) Video is 720p, and looks great on a high-def set. It has hdmi output. And get this, it has a mic input! Line-level sure but still pretty badass! The 18-55 lens it comes with also blows the canon (and nikon) 18-55 out of the water. Its also water-resistant and actually has a metal mount. Why did everyone start using plastic?

I would also Rather own the Nikon D5000

If your just looking for video check out the Panasonic Tm-700
This baby is friggin cool! Three 1/4" sensors(same size as the canon GL2) 1080P Leica-Designed lens. Designatable Manual ring on the lens (focus, f-stop, white balance, or shutter)
It also happens to take pretty slick still images as well. Runs about 800 or less.

I really wasn't trying to be condescending in any in my post. I sold this stuff for a long time before going into the medical industry so I'm really all too willing to help. Just keep in mind that shooting a Dslr for video is gonna be a HUGE investment to get any good lenses for it. A good canon lens will cost you twice as much as the rebel.

Thats what I've got. Hope it helped!

Back