where to buy t2i online?

I'm wanting to order this camera in the next week, but I can't find a good source for online purchase. It has been 'temporarily unavailable' on BH photo for a a while, it is out of stock on Crutchfield, all the good deals on Amazon are from new sellers (which I don't feel very comfortable with considering this is a fairly expensive purchase.)

Any other ideas?

While I have your attention, does anyone know where I could get a used 7d for less than $1000?

Thanks!

Well, if you are willing to go just a bit over 900 bucks your can go with the Pentax K-7. Yeah, I know "Pentax, who are they" Well they're a camera company that is celebrating 100 years in business. Anyhoo for about 970 you can get this awesome machine. Its a 14mp cmos censor, magnesium alloy body, anti-shake built-in to the camera, water resistant, five shots a second. Its low light capability is very low-noise compared to the current canon stuff (under the 7d anyway) Video is 720p, and looks great on a high-def set. It has hdmi output. And get this, it has a mic input! Line-level sure but still pretty badass! The 18-55 lens it comes with also blows the canon (and nikon) 18-55 out of the water. Its also water-resistant and actually has a metal mount. Why did everyone start using plastic?

I would also Rather own the Nikon D5000

If your just looking for video check out the Panasonic Tm-700
This baby is friggin cool! Three 1/4" sensors(same size as the canon GL2) 1080P Leica-Designed lens. Designatable Manual ring on the lens (focus, f-stop, white balance, or shutter)
It also happens to take pretty slick still images as well. Runs about 800 or less.

I really wasn't trying to be condescending in any in my post. I sold this stuff for a long time before going into the medical industry so I'm really all too willing to help. Just keep in mind that shooting a Dslr for video is gonna be a HUGE investment to get any good lenses for it. A good canon lens will cost you twice as much as the rebel.

Thats what I've got. Hope it helped!

That Pentax sounds like an awesome camera. However, I think you're thinking about it from a little more of a photographers mindset. Say, for example, the fact that it's water-resistant and built more sturdy. Obviously, those are good things. But mostly, they're good for a photographer, somebody who's on the run, constantly looking for that one shot that's gonna get the pulitzer. As a filmmaker, I'm not on the run. Yeah, I'd like it if my camera was more sturdy, but it's not really an issue for me, because I move slowly, and I treat my camera like a baby. And I'm not running through the rain.

And, yes, I need 1080, not 720.

That Panasonic also looks like a great camera. But it doesn't give you shallow DOF, and you can't shoot in low-light. And, DSLR has a look that I personally think is gorgeous. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm well-familiar with HDV, and I'm assuming that most of the people now on DSLR are also HDV converts.

Also, I didn't think you sounded condescending at all. Just offering a different opinion, and there might be some people out there who would really prefer the camera you're suggesting, so it's good that you mention it. Me? I like the one I've got.

Cheers.

everywhere I look on-line, including E-Bay, they are always the same price as a brand new one in the stores?

unless you just buy the camera body by itself but you still gonna end up spending alot of money on lenses, why buy online? the price aint ever that much different from what I seen..

everywhere I look on-line, including E-Bay, they are always the same price as a brand new one in the stores?

unless you just buy the camera body by itself but you still gonna end up spending alot of money on lenses, why buy online? the price aint ever that much different from what I seen..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T2i-550D-Kiss-X4-EF-S-18-55-KIT-NEW-/110554206362?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item19bd8b509a

I guess things are different where we are. In my neck of the woods, you can't find it in any local stores. All sold out and on back-order.

The link above shows a price that, even with shipping, is an $85 savings on the MSRP. Not body only.

EDIT: Plus, you can be that cool guy who's like, "Pffft, you and your stupid Americans, with your stupid American cameras. My camera is Japanese."

Last edited:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T2i-550D-Kiss-X4-EF-S-18-55-KIT-NEW-/110554206362?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item19bd8b509a

I guess things are different where we are. In my neck of the woods, you can't find it in any local stores. All sold out and on back-order.

The link above shows a price that, even with shipping, is an $85 savings on the MSRP. Not body only.

EDIT: Plus, you can be that cool guy who's like, "Pffft, you and your stupid Americans, with your stupid American cameras. My camera is Japanese."

LOL must be cause they got em all over the place where I am..

Back