• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch wheatgrinders reel

The music is pretty brash for this, but it worked really well as a build up when you crosscut between the pointing gun and girl walking to the door scenes. Definitely some nice shots in there. I would have prefered it to be 90 seconds, instead of 2 and a half minutes, as there were some repetitive scenes, but getting a good look is not a bad thing.

Overall, it works and gives one a pretty good idea of what your style is. Thumbs up!

The visuals have a good flow. A good music score can inprove it. But, I have seen even rougher music with a well known makeup and special effects company. And, it doesn't stop them from getting studio gigs.

As someone on his way up, can you afford to take the risk? This is a very risky business. But, I believe we must each follow our hearts.

The constant revisiting of scenes gave me the impression that you're trying to pad the material out, which seems weird 'cos I know you have no shortage of footage. :weird:

As mentioned, song choice ain't quite hitting it.

I don't think it's bad, just a little long! If you can trim a minute or ninety seconds off it would be killer. Nothing but the absolute best! Good job man.

The constant revisiting of scenes gave me the impression that you're trying to pad the material out, which seems weird 'cos I know you have no shortage of footage. :weird:

As mentioned, song choice ain't quite hitting it.

Yeah. It's a nice reel but I feel it could've been shorter. The same examples are seen quite a few times and it seems to become a little redundant. I would either replace shots with new/other material or shorten the reel to 1:30 mins.

Great shots, though! Left you a like and comment on vimeo.

Good looking footage, I didn't mind the music, but it's a bit toward my personal tastes as well. That challenger driving up the road was gorgeous :) Apparently, the "Film look" is in the country where ever you shot that! Good to know. The rest was quite good footage, I think the presentation was a bit driven by the song a la a music video, rather than sitting on the shots/sequences and letting them sing for themselves, then providing music to add a bit of pace. You have a lot of different types of footage in there as well, you may want different cuts of this depending on the client (like different copies of a resume) that front load with different types of footage.

Back