movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

You should definitely watch MISSING - one of JACK LEMMON's greatest performances. And a wonderful Vangelis soundtrack.
I was busy watching the animal

What a dumb movie full of plot holes and inconsistency lol. The best part is Adam Sandler yelling “you can do it!” In a hilarious rob schnider impression. Also really liked norm McDonald’s cameo. So the best parts of this movie aren’t even rob lol.

I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Rate it 9.99/10
I also watched Gone With the Wind (Yup I sat through 4 hours straight of a 1940's movie), but it was really great. Rate it an 8.5/10
Better than GWTW in my opinion is HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY (1941). I just love the set they built in Hollywood to recreate a Welsh mining village. Stars the great Roddy McDowell.

Aguirre, The Wrath of God

Woaaaah this shot at the beginning. Video is time coded for the shot.
1 minute 28 seconds. wow!

Last edited:
Eraserhead. Did not finish. Stuck it out for 30 minutes. This is the kind of film I would write to make fun of art house films. It’s so absurd. And also I feel that it is inaccessible to general audiences and comes off pretentious.

You know what it is.. its like when I see a normal person trying to be weird. just for the sake of being different.
Meanwhile all the truly weird people are over in the corner wishing they were normal and just trying to fit in.

Eraserhead feels like a poser. Maybe it's just dated.
Put it up against something like werckmeister harmonies and its just blown away. a much better film that is equally weird.

Last edited:
Citizen Kane (finally) and yes, it's a excellent film.
What's amazing about the film to me (and I got goose pimples the first time I watched it) isn't so much the narrative (I feel in that case it misses the plot - but more on that later) it's the fact that the film is the accumulation of every technical and artistic breakthrough, up to that time, all in one film. take Greg Toland's amazing photography. This is a great video that explains it all.

The story idea (that Kane's personality comes across from the differing perspectives of his friends and acquaintances) showing a deeply human and flawed character, never really comes across I feel. Still one of the best films ever made.

Fitzcarraldo

2/5 a resounding MEH from me.
I dont care about this dude trying to get rich or if he gets rich or not...

And with that i think i'm done with werner herzog for now :)

All Nighter........8
A pretty charming, feel good buddy flick. (Amazon Prime) The trailer does reveal quite a bit, but it didn't spoil it for me, nonetheless. Skip the trailer if you prefer it completely fresh. But hopefully it will entice you like it did me. :)

Last edited:
Fitzcarraldo

2/5 a resounding MEH from me.
I dont care about this dude trying to get rich or if he gets rich or not...

And with that i think i'm done with werner herzog for now :)
Often the stories about Herzog's films, and what compels him to make those films is far more interesting than the films themselves. He's great on camera. Case in point, the documentary on the making of FITZCARRALDO, BURDEN OF DREAMS (1982). I do find the clip of Herzog talking about the jungle full of obscenities funny as hell. He's such a great dead pan comic.

Often the stories about Herzog's films, and what compels him to make those films is far more interesting than the films themselves. He's great on camera. Case in point, the documentary on the making of FITZCARRALDO, BURDEN OF DREAMS (1982). I do find the clip of Herzog talking about the jungle full of obscenities funny as hell. He's such a great dead pan comic.

Werner was great in his Masterclass series. Some of his advice still sticks into my head (I've only liked a few of his films though).

Blackthorn (2011) IMDB Link

8/10.

Some things like the way the main character's girlfriend acted during a stand off confused me and made me a little angry.... But thinking back, the ending made it make a little more sense.

Very well acted and pieced together as a Western. Actually liked it better than Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck's film based on the same people.

Last edited:
Werner was great in his Masterclass series. Some of his advice still sticks into my head (I've only liked a few of his films though).
Some filmmakers are like that. You listen to them talk and think, wow that's great advice, their films must be wonderful. Then you watch one of their films and wonder why they didn't take their own advice.

I’m watching fellowship of the ring. Love these movies and it’s been long enough that I can watch them again. Funny that it’s bringing up a new questions I never had before.

Like what the hell kind of hotel room has four single beds in it? That’s the room at the prancing pony that the Nazghoul attacked. Four single beds lol. Wtf.

and how in the hell does Gandolf know that golem told them Baggins Shire? Gandolf has a conversation with the white wizard and it’s revealed that the hour is later than he thinks, sauron is moving his armies, danger danger. And then Gandolf says you know this? How? And then they reveal the seeing stone. An explanation. But how the hell does Gandolf know “bagging shire”??

Oh weed can help slow the poison of a Naz ghoul blade? Maybe you should have given it to him days earlier before arwin showed up lol.

Oh arwin casts a spell to make the river rise? Let’s spend10 seconds galloping downstream Instead of going the final 5 ft to the riverbank and dry land lmao. How did I never notice how bad this stuff is.these guys are the special kind of stupid that would swim in the opposite direction of a rip tide?

2000 year old white wizard has no idea that Gandalf can talk to birds???? Really?? Let’s prison Gandalf outside in the open air instead of being a cell. This shit makes absolutely zero sense.?How can the white wizard be that ignorant about the powers of the grey wizard ?

my oh my this mine of Moria the best lit cave I’ve ever seen in my life.Caves are pitch black. You bring three sources of light bc your life depends on it. But here?? Light everywhere !! Frodo just chillin and he sees Gollum from 300 feet away lol. In a pitch black cave??

huge fire demon thatscares off thousand of orc’s? Let’s stand around stupidand curious for a minute. Let’s wait for Gandalf to narrate and then tell us to run. We could’nt have figured out to run from that thing scaring off A literal entire army

all the magic in the world doesn’t mean you can do a pull-up. Lol no spell for that one

Last edited:
panic room

aka what if Kevin McAllister was a single mom?
At one point Whitaker calls the masked robber joe Pesci lol! That must be a home alone reference right ?

man Kristen Stewart was not a good child actress .... and the diabetes was represented really strangely. First the mom fills up the rest of the daughters glass with sugary coke and insists she drinks it . Uhh strange but okay. Then in thenext scene she is having low blood sugar. Again strange. Then they solve that with a shot? Again strange !!!

my dog had had low blood sugar seizure. I put high fructose corn syrup on his gums.

Last edited:
Zodiac
Nearly 3 hour movie.
This emphasis on handwriting is ridiculous.
“theres no way anyone could get past hand writing analysis!”
Really?? I personally can write a half dozen different fonts. Times new Roman, tahoma, courier new, etc with a pencil. But it’s inconceivable for anyone else to do it? Fuck I didn’t know I was a genius lol

Good film tho. I enjoyed it.

sadly i only considered this "the oprah movie" but someone last year told me The Color Purple was their favorite film so i've had it in the back of my mind.

I was really surprised to find out it was such an old movie, 1985.. i thought it was made in the 90s after oprah was already a massive icon lol.
When I hit play and saw it was a spielberg film I knew I was in for something special.

I can't imagine such a straight drama film being made like this for theatres anymore.. but it had some great moments.
The cinematography was really nice too. and whoopi goldberg did an awesome job.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I suspected this wouldn't be my kind of movie and it did not win me over.
It's okay, the cast is great but the performances aren't very emotive.. it's all pretty bland to me. i didnt like it from the very stage of conception.

Hellboy 2019 1/5 BADDDD made it 8 minutes bc i wanted to at least see an action scene

Pet Semetary 2019 - Okay. 3/5. Darker than i remember the original being...

IT Chapter 2: 4/5 some great scenes, two amazing transitions.. oddly it kept making reference to stories with bad endings and then it had a bad ending. my guess is everyone hated the ending in the book and they stayed loyal to it anyway. idk it was kinda weird.

and the steven king cameo was way too long, he had like a 3 minute part and i was out of the movie for all 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Back