movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I enjoyed it ... the pacing was good.. but i felt like i was watching a television show for some reason.
Maybe because there were so many "television" clips in the film.

I didn't sense the epic scale of a feature film here like you get watching some of tarantinos earlier work.

I didn't sense the epic scale of a feature film here like you get watching some of tarantinos earlier work.

It may depend on whether or not you're a fan of Tarantino in general.
I think OUATIH is outstanding (best of the year in my book) and by far his best work - I've seen it twice and look forward to watching it again soon.
But I just tolerate most of his other stuff.

It may depend on whether or not you're a fan of Tarantino in general.
I think OUATIH is outstanding (best of the year in my book) and by far his best work - I've seen it twice and look forward to watching it again soon.
But I just tolerate most of his other stuff.

interesting, seen it twice. did you purchase it on itunes or something that lets you watch the extras?
I loaded up the extras and there are things like watching leo sing 'green door' for 3 minutes or an extended clip of his b&w cowboy show that didnt really call for me to watch them. The parts I enjoyed the most were the brad pitt scenes and the parts with the little girl child actress.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I enjoyed it ... the pacing was good.. but i felt like i was watching a television show for some reason.
Maybe because there were so many "television" clips in the film.

I think you're right. I've watched it twice. This movie is different from his other works. It is an extremely personal movie. I really enjoyed it. But it is not his best ( in my opinion ). The movie felt too innocent if you know what I mean :)

I think you're right. I've watched it twice. This movie is different from his other works. It is an extremely personal movie. I really enjoyed it. But it is not his best ( in my opinion ). The movie felt too innocent if you know what I mean :)

i'm also a child of the 80s and 90s. I think if i were a little older and lived in the 70s maybe I would appreciate the period piece aspect of the movie.

Last edited:
Coogan's Bluff

An old clint eastwood movie with terrible acting/directing and really awesome editing.
Culturally significant - there was a scene where a man is touching a woman and doesn't take no for an answer and clint assaults him.

Then the very next scene the woman is bobbing and weaving trying to avoid clints affections as he chases her around the room.
Crazy. the only difference between the two scenes really is that in one of them she verbally says no and in the other one its just her body language.

This is how men were raised in america.. no means no.. if she doesn't say no then she is just playing coy.
Definitely a different time.

The villain in this movie was the worst actor ever lol

The Unforgiven

Burt Lancaster and Audrey Hepburn - Not to be mistaken with "Unforgiven" the 1992 clint eastwood film

The unforgiven is a laughably terrible film in some ways lol. You will scratch your head when you hear this spoiler.
Its not boring so it's got that going for it.. but hey anything with audrey hepburn will never be unwatchable

It's amazing how she has these really dumb scenes and her charisma totally distracts you from how dumb the scene is.
Shes one of a kind for sure and i've seen at least 20 audrey hepburn movies, nearly every one of them that she has made.

Okay on to the funny part... the plot of this film is that audrey is secretly a native american stolen at birth and nobody knows it.
Then an old man comes into town and tells the indians where their stolen baby girl went to and the conflict begins

They did not do any sort of makeup to make audrey hepburn look native american.. she is just as white as ever lol.
Okay here comes the spoiler.. at the end of the movie when her brother finally accepts that his sister was actually adopted and is a native american.. he fucking proposes to her and they decide to marry each other. The brother and the sister.

Well shit maybe I can't blame burt.. it is audrey hepburn after all 😄 😄 😄

Destination Tokyo
What in the hell is cary grant talking about!!! I have never heard such nonsense in an old hollywood film.

Women in japan either have to have a career or a family... umm..
What are women in america doing? 😄

He's talking like you get some form of universal basic income if you were born with a vagina.

This destination tokyo is one of the worst movies ive seen in a while and unfortunately its an ensemble style film with a lot of screen time given to the other submarine crew. So cary grant isn't even given the option to cary this film with his star power.

Burning (2018)

Was on a list of influential Korean films in the wake of PARASITE's success.

Slow build, but I like that. Made the ending much more powerful and meaningful. In a lot of ways, I could relate to the main character... As I myself am similar in the way I relate to the world around me.

What starts off as a normal love story ends in a vengeful twist. Really good.

A Hidden Life .......................................... 9/10

This movie isn't a masterpiece. It's a movie piece.

First, I have to say I do camera work so this review is coming from someone who works behind the camera and can appreciate a technical aspect of film from the inside out. The things I liked outweighed the things I did not like from this movie. The music was great. The acting was great. The camera work was fantastic. The entire movie seemed like watching a ballet. To me the cinematography looks as if it is a hybrid of documentary style and hollywood studio. The editing also seems like it comes from a documentary. I think it makes the movie much more grounded and it was something that fit well with the story. I'm glad Malick, decided to use a story that was mostly written for him, since it was based on true events. The movie asks a question and it really leaves the audience to question if the main character did the right thing or not. I think if Malick continues to do more stories based on real events then it will show his best qualities when it comes to being a director and writer.

The things I did not like: It's too long. Should be 2 hours at most. I think they just like so many shots they lost track of time. I would of changed the ending. It could have been more powerful if it showed a modern day family looking back at old photos of the main characters in this story. They could of said, “My grandfather stood up and said no to the Nazies, when no one else did." I would of changed the end text to:

Ecclesiastes 12:14
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Lastly, the theme of A "Hidden" Life works very well as a movie in the context of this story. Something hidden being put on a movie theater screen. The towns people thought he was crazy but people today would think he is doing the right thing. I'd like to watch it again, hopefully it's not too slow the second time. 🙂

Should of been nominated for more awards.

Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney 1944

National Velvet

omg this fucking movie. fuck this movie. spoilers included because this movie is not worth watching.

On the surface - young girl gets wild horse thats really fast, enters it in enormous horse racing contest. girl power!
My impressions - Mickey Rooney agrees to give up months of his life to train the race horse with the agreement that he will get the money if the horse wins.

after months of sacrifice and hard work, this bitch decides she wants to ride the horse herself and mickey rooney agrees to let her do it.
OMFG she is not allowed to ride and the prize money is disqualified, what in the hell!!!!!!! all those months of sacrifice for nothing? Fuck!!

the entire basis of their agreement was that the guy would get prize money and now there is zero possibility of prize money
and then when she crosses the finish line she collapses off the horse and almost breaks her neck

this mickey dude puts the girls life in danger, she almost dies, and they sacrifice all the prize money.
for what? wtf why did the girl have to be the rider it makes no god damn sense. for girl power?

but its all worth it in the end of this movie apparently because the girl gets some fame out of it.
quite the unintentional testament to the worship and sickness our society has with celebrity

fucking old ass hollywood movie placing the importance of celebrity above safety and financial security and everything else
and yeah to drive the point home.. mickeys character is such a money hungry scumbag he almost steals the racing entry fee for himself.. and yet when faced with the opportunity to disqualify himself from the prize money.. not even a peep out of his mouth. this movie is total shit.

Last edited:
Back