movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Nightcrawler

I really enjoyed this film the second time around. I enjoyed it the first time too but damn this film is good. Really great character driven writing that's well paced.

I also liked this film. A realistic portrayal of how the news reporter works.

An interesting trivia: Rick's job interview scene was shot at Dinah's restaurant in Culver City. I worked in this restaurant 2 years ago during my summer break. I watched this film one time and instantly recognized the location. One of my co-worker told me that they completed the whole scene in less than 2 days and looks like even the employees didn't know they will be shooting there until the last minute.

Last edited:
I also liked this film. A realistic portrayal of how the news reporter works.

An interesting trivia: Rick's job interview scene was shot at Dinah's restaurant in Culver City. I worked in this restaurant 2 years ago during my summer break. I watched this film one time and instantly recognized the location. One of my co-worker told me that they completed the whole scene in less than 2 days and looks like even the employees didn't know they will be shooting there until the last minute.

I wouldn't say realistic. More like exaggerated but yeah it was creepy to watch.

Ozark on Netflix

Jason bateman directed a few of the episode ( he made his debut with Bad Words) and does a great job. Really entertaining series about an American financial adviser laundering money for a Mexican cartel

Sicario 2 (unofficial title)

7/10

Better than I thought. The end really gets interesting. Kind of wish Emily would of been there.

Sicario 2 (unofficial title)

7/10

Better than I thought. The end really gets interesting. Kind of wish Emily would of been there.

Yeah i'm about the same 7/10 and i miss emily but it met my expectations.
Kinda wish it didn't open with a bomb since that's exactly how #1 opened but w/e

Josh Brolin on top of hollywood right now with Cable/Thanos/Sicario

Oculus

The scary power of mirrors (candy man, bloody mary) meets crazy dad attacks family (the shining, amityville horror)

Definitely not breaking any new ground but it was a solid horror film to give ppl the creeps

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

6/10

It was fun to watch but also kind of sad. I mean the dinosaurs made me sad or scared or something. A little too much recycle.

The First Purge 2/5

Somehow I'm okay with contact lens cameras that can see in the dark.. sure.. w/e
I will suspend disbelief and accept it

"purge parties" in the street that are more tame than mardi gras? makes my eyes roll

But tiny drones that can fire fully automatic guns with zero recoil was insulting.
hiding right next to a doorway while everyones shooting automatic guns and not getting hit through the wall is so 1990. What a lot of crap. there was so much stupid crap in this movie

Worst of all was near the end it goes really dark with a bright flashing light every 7 seconds. I closed my eyes for minutes at a time and I almost got up and left the theatre.

I think it also gets an award for stupidest ending line of dialogue i've ever seen in a movie

turns to a guy with a gunshot wound, helping him walk away "so what now" uhh how about a hospital bitch lol

Unsane

7.9/10

As weird as it was made the movie had a story that was thrilling (Does that sentence make sense?). Reminds me of Shutter Island (2010) but has it's own horror when it portrays the doctors office. Some of the "paperwork" is exaggerated but clearly adds to the fear of real life situations. In some ways the locations and facility is it's own character. A location that give "doctors" the freedom to use power and for bad things to happen.

It's like a bad dream coming true.

Phantom Thread

6/10

First, I really love the camera work and the art direction of this film. The acting is great too.

Second, there is a singular moment in the last half of this movie that is so hilarious to me that it surpasses a cheesy joke and turned into something a bit ... unhealthy.

Eating Animals

9/10

Sooo.. the solution to eating healthier is to don't eat chicken as often and let farmers go back to farming animals on smaller scale. Hmm it's too bad people like money more.

A documentary about the farming industry reminding us that animal abuse/eating abuse is still happening. So far the best musical score of a movie this year. Well made.

Last edited:
Anesthesia 5/10

Tim Blake Nelson directed. A bunch of intertwined stories that revolve around philosophy. It was ok. Lots of setup but very little resolution. Lots of drama and lots of character revelation and arc to a degree. Some items have resolution (cancer, stabbing, death, etc.) but others are left as unresolved.

It wasn't bad, just interesting but took a while to get there and then just ended.

Back