movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Aliens of the Deep. Well, it's...short. And short. I suppose if you saw this at some amusement park on the IMAX, it was pretty cool. So, I dunno what rating to give it. But being a Cameron fanboy and likeing this sort of thing, mmm, 7. But I've certainly seen things as cool and cooler on my favorite PBS shows.

Monsters.
8/10.

$800,000 (est.) budget.
Shot with the Sony EX 3, a $10,000 camera.
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-PMWEX3/?XID=O:BPSEG_EX3:Google_PVPA_MOD_XDCAMEX3_p_ad3

A good character driven scifi/monster independent film.

The leads are very good. I hope we see them in more films.

Very well made for under one million dollars.

IMDb says that its gross as of 12/26/10 was only $237,301. Am I reading and understanding that right? That's a shame. It's a good movie. Hopefully it will make some of that up in video sales and rentals. If you check, you'll see a bunch of (I think well deserved) positive reviews of it.

[EDIT] Oh, I see that B&H, for one, lists the EX 3 for $8,320.

Last edited:
Journey From The Fall

10/10

One of those amazing, touching, and moving films about atrocities in history. The only negative about this film was the portrayal of the person running the reeducation camp. Seriously, if you haven't seen this, you HAVE TOO!

and the story about why and how this film was made, is almost as amazing as the film itself.

saw it in my sixth period history class. apparently my history teacher knew the director.

journey-from-the-fall-poster-2007-03.jpg

Just attempted to watch Battle of Los Angeles, made it through about 10 minutes: -2 out of 10. (Not to be confused with Battle Los Angeles, which is among my favorite action movies, and probably one of the most intelligent films in its genre.)

Rewatched Pulp Fiction: 8.5/10
Rewatched Reality Bites: 8/10
Rewatched Good Will Hunting: 9/10

I decided to have a long movie night a few days ago...

Source Code: 7.5/10
Entertaining and well made, but nothing memorable

Hanna: 7/10
Nothing ground breaking but it was pretty entertaining. Had some awesome shots

X Men: First Class: 6.5/10
Wasn't feeling trailers and I didn't really like the movie. Something was off about it. Not a bad movie, just kinda boring to me

Blue Valentine, 8.5/10. Great acting, especially in the highly intense fights and I think that it was a great story

Just attempted to watch Battle of Los Angeles, made it through about 10 minutes: -2 out of 10. (Not to be confused with Battle Los Angeles, which is among my favorite action movies, and probably one of the most intelligent films in its genre.)

Rewatched Pulp Fiction: 8.5/10
Rewatched Reality Bites: 8/10
Rewatched Good Will Hunting: 9/10

Ug, yeah. I did confuse it and only made it about five minutes, I think.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 5/10
Honestly, if it aired on T.V, I wouldn't be surprised. The cinematography was weak, Johnny Depp played a watered down version of Jack Sparrow, and everything was just uninspired.

Thor- 8/10
Pretty entertaining film! I was actually surprised. I loved how they tilted the camera in many of their scenes, and it was actually kind of funny.

Rewatched Spider-Man 2-10/10. Absolute favorite superhero film.
Rewatched The Dark Knight- 9/10
Rewatched The Incredibles -9.5/10

Another Year 10/10

The more I watch Mike Leigh's films, the more I love his work. He is an absolute genius behind the camera. The first film I saw of his was Happy-Go-Lucky, another comedy, which I thought was brilliant. This film is a little more subtle in its brand of humor, but I thought that's what made it so great. Leigh has a way of making an otherwise mundane situation seem very interesting (if that makes sense). The character interaction is so interesting to watch. And further, each character has great depth. The viewer is able to infer a great deal about each character without explicitly being told his or her history. It's no wonder Leigh's script got an oscar nod (nomination).

Awesome film! I highly recommend. Just released on DVD in the US. Not sure about UK, though I imagine it's already out over there, as Leigh is a brit.

AnotherYear_1637579c.jpg

Watched Gnomeo and Juliet-was a bit better than I thought, certainly passable 7/10

Watch the original Jurassic Park again. The movie has aged very well, and the combination of CGI and Animatronics (remember they use a full size Animatronic T rex in some of the scenes) makes the Dinosaurs VERY believable even now, and I wonder why it is a that a lot of movies can't do as impressive CGI effects (or Ani) when it comes to their monsters. I loved this film when I saw in multiple times in theatres and love in now 10/10.

Too bad the sequels didn't even come close to matching it.

Watched 28 days later last night for like the 100th time

easy 10/10 for me.

Great film considering the budget they had and the fact that it was all shot on dv not film is amazing.

Back