movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

X-Men First Class.. 7-8/10.

Had a lot of fun watching it.. everyone in it was fantastic.. but when it ended I didn't feel like I took anything away from it.. which - I mean it's a summer popcorn flick.. so to be expected..
still.. there was a strange unevenness between the fact that everyone in it was so good - but they weren't really making any kind of point.. kind of felt like an acting school acting exercise done by a bunch of supremely talented individuals.

Been meaning to get in to see Super 8 (I've heard 90% good things).. but I've got more pressing things to put off.
I thought The Machinest was very dry and indiependantie (in that not so good very slowly moving/takes it self very very seriously sort of way) - but it was still very good.. in a way it kind of felt like the horror show that was Christian Bale's effectless appearance got in the way of a pretty good movie.

Other than that - been watching the "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Series for the first time.. which.. Joss Whedon's stuff is very indiependantie in the good sort of way. (increasingly curious to see if he can weight down the tone of avengers a bit.. not to say it needs to be Schindlers List - but tie Schindlers List to Whedon's usual stuff and you'll probably get some summer blockbuster fare.

err.. that's all.

Other than that - been watching the "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Series for the first time.. which.. Joss Whedon's stuff is very indiependantie in the good sort of way. (increasingly curious to see if he can weight down the tone of avengers a bit.. not to say it needs to be Schindlers List - but tie Schindlers List to Whedon's usual stuff and you'll probably get some summer blockbuster fare.

Nice! Huge Whedon/Buffy fan myself. As far as weighting tone, wait until you get to season 6... (there are some great episodes, but I'm not a huge fan of the first few seasons). I too can't wait to see what he does with Avengers...but, yeah, Whedon does some of the funniest non-comedies around. Great, great stuff!

Where the Day Takes You - 7/10

I was pleasantly surprised by all the familiar faces I saw, as well as the way that the story went - predictable but still good.

I saw The Art of Getting By today.

There's something in Emma Roberts eyes that tells me that she might just be my soulmate (especially now that Natalie Portman's pregnant, engaged and 30) but this fill was just terrible. Let's hope that if we ever meet she doesn't Google my reviews of her films...

Pulp Fiction 9/10-Tarrantino was selective in his actors and it paid off-most movie I can see past the role and critique teh actors but this movie was all story and character that it was totally enjoyable.....without my pretensions lol

National Lampoon's Vacation(original Wally World) 8/10-Chevy Chase has lost it a bit being almost 80 but this is classic comedy-not too slapsticky and not deep enough where teh average movie goers won't grasp the humor. You're missed John Hughes.

El traspatio (Backyard) - 8/10. Great film, kind of unnerving since its based on true events and kind of close to home, even though some of it was pretty predictable. Still had a good, strong woman lead and good acting.

Saw Bad Teacher yesterday. Ok.

The thing I don't like when I see commercials like "Bad Teacher", I think Oh, another "look how lewd/crew/nonpolitically correct movie we can be! Isn't that funny?" type of movie.

Don't get me wrong, politically incorrect stuff can be darn well funny (Cue Mel Brooks)-but this type of film, my thought:

"Lowest Common Denominator"

Am I wrong?

I really enjoyed Bad Santa but Bad Teacher is not made by any of the same people. When I read the title I thought there would be a shared writer or producer.

Back