movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992). Coppola directs a film that is beautiful to look at, and full of grand operatic Gothic-ness (not actually a word...), but stale acting and a mildly incoherent screenplay make the film as a whole seem somewhat mediocre, which is just a shame. 6/10

Honestly I have not done anything but watch movies for the last week. I have watched
The twilight saga (all three)
Zombieland
The Fast and Furious
Push
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League
Inception
Transformers 3 (twice)
Valentines Day
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
I Am Number Four
(I tried to watch Devil too but the DVD was scratched O.o)

Finally got to watch the Bourne Ultimatum

Fantastic book end to the trilogy, one of the very few trilogies I would (and now want to) purchase. I've read the books, and yes the books are obviously in a different direction (though still good), but like LOTR, the films captured the essence of the books fabulously, and loved how the series was brought full circle:
First film beginning we find Bourne in the water, last scene of last film is Bourne in the water

For the type of audience and genre it was aiming for 10/10 for the series and the film itself (really the entire trilogy is effectively one long movie)

Thor - saw the 3D version. Should have saved money and seen the 2D version.

With so much intrigue going on in Asgard & the giant-realm, it seemed that Earth's events were a bit of an afterthought. Heck, even the battle against the mighty Destroyer in that tiny town in New Mexico was underwhelming.

All Thor's buddies could have been written out of the script and nothing would have changed, fwiw.

Acting's great by all (even Thor's buddies). Loki gets extra cool-points.

World-designs were awesome... aside from Earth.

It's worth seeing at the dollar theater, but not for the 3D upcharge. :cool:

Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man
Not the best doc or concert production, however as a fan of his work it's a treat to hear him tell stories and musicians cover his songs.

I should revisit Intacto. I remember enjoying it, but for whatever reason I don't remember a lot about it other than the scene in the woods.

I saw Horrible Bosses yesterday and I thought it was really funny. Not a lot more to it but it did it's job much better than most comedies.

Recently saw the new Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Nothing ground breaking but I think everyone knows that going in ;) The movie serves it's purpose, which is to be a fun summer movie filled with explosions and mind numbing action sequences.
I was surprised though that I actually thought this one was fairly funny, unlike number 2 which I didn't think pulled off the humor department. Only real complaint was it dragged on a bit long. It's like 2 and a half hours long lol and while I didn't think there were any real scenes that were flat out unneeded, by the end I was to the point of "I just don't really care anymore."
All in all, decent movie for what it is, 7 out of 10.

Super 8: pretty good film, story was unoriginal and had plot holes, overall entertaining 7/10 stars
Rubber: solid film, a bit ridiculous and got a bit preachy. 7/10 stars
Horrible Bosses: great comedy, cast was great, better then most comedies being made 8/10 stars

Hobo With A Shotgun - 7/10

Was actually quite good if you're into old school gory exploitation movies. It's quite a nice throwback, a lot better than expected.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

I can't really give it a proper rating- we're in India and accidentally went to see it in Hindi. :no:

I got the general idea of what was going on because I've read the book, plus most of it is action and I understood the short bits of dialogue, but the longer speeches made no sense.

Everything else was great though, but I don't think it was anything like the last film in terms of the visuals. The memory scenes were great, but I missed the unexpected animation of part 1. I didn't like the ending, but that's JK Rowling's fault.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

I can't really give it a proper rating- we're in India and accidentally went to see it in Hindi. :no:

I got the general idea of what was going on because I've read the book, plus most of it is action and I understood the short bits of dialogue, but the longer speeches made no sense.

Everything else was great though, but I don't think it was anything like the last film in terms of the visuals. The memory scenes were great, but I missed the unexpected animation of part 1. I didn't like the ending, but that's JK Rowling's fault.

It was the same for us...

Damn David Yates and his leftfield choice of shooting the entire movie in Hindi! :grumpy:

:rolleyes:

Resident Evil: Afterlife. Not sure what made me watch it. I've been going through one Starz On Demand film per night and now I'm down to like 5 that are worth watching or that I haven't seen before. Pretty mediocre. Better than the second one, at least. 5/10

Back