movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Black Death

This was a pretty cool film. I bought it a couple of years ago but only got around to watching it for the first time now. At first I found the movie's pacing to feel a little off but once they got to the village I felt the film picked up a decent pace all the way until the credits.

I like that there's not a huge array of special visual effect sequences when they encounter the Necromancer (
who isn't really one because she only performs a ritual with Osmund's love interest who isn't dead but was just discovered in the forest. Osmund doesn't realize this though until the next day after he performs what he believes to be a mercy killing when he is told by the "Necromancer" that she was never dead. So this is why there's no huge array of special visual effect sequences involving the "Necromancer"
) and the ending is really ambiguous (
did Osmund find the "Necromancer" in the first instance of killing a woman or has he only killed thinking that each woman was the "Necromancer?
) but it's a good one nonetheless.

Sean Bean is great as the Knight leading his men in the quest to capture the Necromancer and there are some really good fight scenes in this as well. Overall this is an entertaining film and people who enjoy films of this genre will enjoy yourself.

I rate this 8/10.

Boiling Point directed by Takeshi Kitano - 7.5/10
Eh, I have mixed feelings about this one. The beginning of the film starts off as a good and promising if a little typical crime film. However, the film goes on to be unpredictable in some ways reminding me of Godard's films. There are quite a few humorous scenes, and Kitano already proves to be a talented director in his early work with his compositions, strange way of storytelling, and his staging. Unfortunately, the film doesn't always manage to engage me and even threw me off a few times. The film is worth watching but definitely not for someone new to Japanese cinema or even Kitano's work.

Boiling Point directed by Takeshi Kitano - 7.5/10
Eh, I have mixed feelings about this one. The beginning of the film starts off as a good and promising if a little typical crime film. However, the film goes on to be unpredictable in some ways reminding me of Godard's films. There are quite a few humorous scenes, and Kitano already proves to be a talented director in his early work with his compositions, strange way of storytelling, and his staging. Unfortunately, the film doesn't always manage to engage me and even threw me off a few times. The film is worth watching but definitely not for someone new to Japanese cinema or even Kitano's work.

It is really poetic. The karaoke scene and the rape scene are absolutely brilliant.

"City lights" C. Chaplin

Genius!

"2001 : Space Odyssey " Stanley Kubrick

Watching it on a big screen is such a grand and trippy experience! Sound design is brutal. Slow,rhytmical breathing which lasts for eternity,devices beeping,music!

The more I watch Kubrick the more I find Eisensteinan techniques in his films

Last edited:
It is really poetic. The karaoke scene and the rape scene are absolutely brilliant.

The karaoke was my favorite scenes in the movie and one of my favorite scenes ever! The more I think about the movie's absurdity the more I enjoy it, it's strangely beautiful in its violent madness. The rape scene really startled me, I didn't know what to think of it but I laughed a lot. The ending confused me since the boy came back to play baseball, so I didn't know what really happened.

Exit Wounds directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak - 3/10
A weak action film that barely has anything to keep me interested. Even the action scenes are dull and the movements are too choppy for my taste. I don't see the appeal of Steven Seagal who is not a good action star in my opinion.

Ginga no Uo Ursa Minor Blue directed by Shigeru Tamura - 10/10
A wonderful animated short film that is a simple masterpiece. It has a simple sci-fi story, simple designs, and simple storytelling. Shigeru Tamura is unfortunately overlooked in the world of anime, I suppose his beautiful simplistic beauty is not for everyone. Still I loved how he developed the characters in this film and the beautiful mix of music, sound, and images.

I saw Her yesterday, it was fantastic. Gotta agree with MissingProductions...

9/10

What's your opinion on the amount of sexual situations in the movie?

Some of the people I went with didn't like that there was so much, but I tried to explain that they needed to capture the sexual aspect because it'd be a common issue with any relationship.

What's your opinion on the amount of sexual situations in the movie?

Some of the people I went with didn't like that there was so much, but I tried to explain that they needed to capture the sexual aspect because it'd be a common issue with any relationship.

Intimacy and love play a huge part in the story, so yeah, I think those scenes/situations are needed. It brings us closer to the characters and makes for a more personal and emotional story. They seemed necessary as well. The woman
that tried to be a part of their relationship by being the body of Samantha shows how dedicated Samantha is
. The
first sorta sex-type scene shows their developing relationship and growing bond
. Many of the situations are important, in my opinion. And like you said, it's a common issue in every relationship.

Also, that dead cat phone call almost made me fall out of my seat. Thought that was one of the funniest parts of the movie, along with that little alien boy :lol:

The Breakfast Club directed by John Hughes - 9/10
This film was much better than I expected! It was very entertaining and funny with some great dialogue. I was surprised by how touched I was by this film. While its not the deepest or most artistic film ever, this film made me smile and touched my heart, and that's why I love it.

Great 80's classic. Glad you liked it James :cool:

Haha thanks, yeah it's awesome now I'm obsessed looking for films like it. I read that Sixteen Candles is a similar film that is good. And of course the other classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off good thing these films are on Netflix, I'm going to watch them all!

Persona 2/5
Maybe I didn't understand what this all meant. an erect penis. someone being crucified. And a 30 minute conversation where only one of the actresses speaks, featuring a naughty orgy story. This wasn't my style of film, i liked seventh seal a lot better by igmar bergman

Clash by Night 2/5
A fritz lang film featuring barbara stanwyck and marilyn monroe! I thought this would be a real treat. It was just okay, I really didn't like either of the men in this story at all. barbara and marilyn were both good

Play It Again, Sam directed by Herbert Ross; written by and starring Woody Allen - 8.5/10
So far this is the best of the early Woody Allen films I have seen even though it wasn't directed by him. Fortunately I'd already seen two Bogart films referenced in the film (including Casablanca) so it was great to see the humor in this film based on previous films. This film was really funny but also touching and moving in the end. It's a nice film with a short length that makes me want to watch more Old Hollywood films, especially those starring Bogie.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident, dir. b REnny Harlin 6/10

nothing fancy, but quite entertaining take on the original (true) story.

Back