What's been going on?

'Sup folks,

It's been a while since we've been around IT. We've been really busy over the twelve months, so I haven't had the time to pull up a chair and scan the boards.

What's been happening?
Old faces still around?
Has there been any IT collaborations?
Any sad goodbyes?
Anyone won an Oscar?
Is the pet thread still going?
Did I miss a 'Secret Santa'?

I hope everyone is well - those that were here when I was a frequent member that is. Those staring wondering who the fricken' hell we are, I guess this is like my 'Welcoming thread'.

HEY!

But yeah, fill me in.

Cheers,
Daniel

WTF?! Why no replies yet?

I've missed ya, bud. Pizza-man just knocked on my door, I'll do my best to answer your question when I'm done stuffing my face.

'sup, dude :cool:

Started a small prodco out here & quit my dayjob. lol oops

Never too old to change careers. I hope. :blush:

How's things with you? :)

It's not that we don't like you, and that we didn't miss you! It's just that ROC just asked the same questions: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=40401

But, yeah, there was a secret santa (wheatgrinder and dlevanchuk's were particularly good). Were you still around for the Halloween fun this year? That was a blast. Lots of collaboration going on, which is always good, and my cat is glaring at me right now, telling me that the pet thread should not be active (and that I am, in fact, the pet, not her).

Hope things are going well on your end!

-Some of us entered the Youtube Your Film Festival contest.

-I recently got some "real" camera equipment to work with (a non-ebay lens and a new steadicam).

-Trying to get the ball rolling on some short videos to do this summer.

Welcome back!

Hey, good to see you again!

Ive been busy and dont spend as much time on IT as before but im still here regularly.
I met Dready and Don. Both lovely people i had a great time with.

Ill try and log into skype one of these days so we can catch up. It's been a while.

Okay, what's happened...

Three of your babies have all growsed up! Wheaty, Dlev, and Dready are making awesomeness!

2001 and myself both seem to be dealing with post-feature-blues, though his much-more-polished movie has WAY better prospects of distribution than mine.

H44 still asks a lot of questions. MDM still "asks" a lot of questions, then answers them himself, and argues with anyone who might disagree, regardless of their level of expertise. This still makes me giggle.

It's been a long time since I've been banned. That's something.

Rayw has established himself as Yoda of online research.

In terms of doling-out good advice and opinions, Kholi is basically a younger directorik. So much sage advice, coming from just two people. :D

JoshL is well on his way to becoming the next Danny Elfman!

In case you've been too busy to notice, the must-see film of the year is "Cabin in the Woods".

Me, personally? Filmmaking-wise? Too many details to list publicly. Some of the details are boring, some of them I don't want to share with public. I don't want anybody to steal my idea of remaking Gone With the Wind, but with Ninjas!

I'd like it if you and I stayed in touch. PM is fine, but email is more permanent. Mine is very easy to find, should you want it, and I'd like to have yours. :)

It's great to hear from you all again!

Bunch o' nothin here. Actually been pretty busy with work. Nothing interesting. What have you been doing?

@Murdoch I'm sure it's been a lot more interesting than you make out, Sir. What've you been up to?

'sup, dude. Started a small prodco out here & quit my dayjob. lol oops. Never too old to change careers. I hope.

How's things with you?

Zen, that's amazing. How is it going so far? Never too old at all. Wish you all the luck in the world.

@Ernest - Good to hear from you again, bud. IT meet-up. Amazing. Things going well for you? You were massively busy last time we spoke. Hope the work is still flowing.

@Pete @Josh - So great to hear that content is still born directly out of IT. There isn't another forum like this. Always said that.

@Cracker - Duuuuuuude. Your welcome back is too long to quote, but I didn't expect anything else. Really good to hear from you. Nice to hear who the front runners are now on the IT scene. I didn't expect anything else. I'll definitely have my ears open when the afformentioned post.

We're staying in contact. No doubt about that one. Really hope things are going well for you.

As for what we've been up to. It's been an absolute blast. We're really expanding on the ProdCo front. We've finally got a constant flow of work in our region. A lot of commercials, events and promotional videos to pay the bills. Which really gives us breathing room. I'm a filmmaker at heart, and for me personally, cementing PTP as a steady income was the best way to go about it. The business is doing really well. Opening up a studio in the Summer!

(Here are a couple things we rustled together a while back. Fraction of what we can offer, but a really nice insight into our smaller packages of Promotional work)

Laura's Little Bakery (Spot the tripod bag! dang.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0eUh_V3MM

North West Cancer Research Fund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPOaZlCo5Q

Our next project is a commercial that has a fantastic budget and some really big ideas. Super stoked to get started. We begin filming on the 3rd June. After that we've some more commercials lined up, then our next narrative project 'Rowland And The Howler', we've also been put forward to do a rather big music video for a very, very well known British band. Find out about that in the next three weeks.

On the side, I've also started another company which does Festival videography/photography. We've got an amazing team all set and ready to go for next Summer.

Things are really exciting at the moment. I don't get the chance to do much else. But I do still enjoy the odd game of Fifa.

Really looking forward to being back around the boards.

I can't top C-Funk's summation of the action around here.

Stockholm Santa is in post, being edited by none other than the great Mr. Funk (after being shot by the very talented E-Dubs). I've got some updates in the production thread here:
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=37185&highlight=stockholm+santa

Glad to hear about your success! That's super great news. Thanks for bringing your face back to IT :)

It's been a long time since I've been banned. That's something.

Ha! You're all growsed up, too!

Ha! You're all growsed up, too!

:)

And I'll pay $1 to the first person with a paypal account who can tell me the cult classic from which the phrase "all growsed up" comes from.

Daniel, I'm glad to hear that the PTP is having such great success! Needless to say, I look forward to seeing the music vid and narrative projects you mentioned.

Cheers!

Rayw has established himself as Yoda of online research.

I come here because I am someone who has inside experience with the industry that can help younger film makers understand what they need to do to have a successful career.

Sadly, certain member of this forum have chosen to make an enemy of me instead of using my knowledge to help the community.

Being a younger filmmaker I'm just trying to earn my keep around here as I seek knowledge of those with inside experience with the industry so that I may also have a successful career.

I seek the community's knowledge.

And showers with druggie stipper/prostitutes in the process, of course. :lol:

Back