series What series are you watching?

I checked out Jury Duty, the performances are great and definitely has some funny moments.
Regarding the main dude, they stretch the credability beyond believable, but the actors still make the jokes funny.

What I mean by that is they have the lead guy keep acting clueless, like oh my all this crazy stuff just randomly keeps happening...
Acting like he has no idea that reality tv producers fuck with shit and encourage shenanigans, playing dumb a bit too heavily, reality tv has been around for decades, everyone knows the drama is upsold. I am willing to accept that he believes some of the actors are real people, but unwilling to accept that he is so dumb he thinks the massive chaos around him is all completely natural and a normal part of the jury system. They overplay their hand basically, having him act completely clueless, still funny though, like i said.

Now that I've seen the show I'd say it's different than murderville since the celebrities on muderville are clearly aware everyone else is acting, but they still navigate the circumstances. It's sorta like watching a celebrity play an elaborite murder mystery show, and the detective/host Will Arnett does a fantastic job.

A closer show to Jury Duty would probably be The Rehearsal, love that nathan fielder sense of humor and the way he messes with people.

Watching Fleabag on Amazon

It's a comedy where the starlet makes faces and talks to the camera like House of Cards.. its got funny writing, and the acting is good... and i do like it, but for some reason the episodes all seem a lot longer than they really are. Like i thought the pilot was an hour long show and I checked it and I was 21 minutes into the episode LOL jesus ... maybe it's because there is a complete lack of music and laugh track, idk, its just sound design, no score

Sweet Tooth season 1 and 2 were both great, excellent paced shows with a tone that appeals to all ages, and netflix has confirmed the 3rd final season is coming so this show isn't going to end on a cliffhanger like all the other excellent netflix originals that got aborted.

That starlet/writer from Fleabag is in the new indiana jones movie, good for her, she was great in the series.
Some pretty fucking funny moments too, I'll tell one of them

After having sex with her boyfriend, she shoves him away continuously with one arm while finishing herself with the other lmao
and then afterward he kisses her on the cheek and she recoils hahaha

I also watched this half of The Cavemen - it wasn't good 😄
Apparently the network called the writers room with like a week of time left and told them it couldn't be anything like the commercials

Last edited:
I have just started watching time with sean bean in it and it's just as good the second time round, really gets your heart strings going. I also heard there was a second season coming out does anyone know when this is as I cannot wait

Righteous Gemstones.

They're back. Just watched episode 4, and, to my mind, the original family was enough; to me it would have been better to just stay with Eli (the great John Goodman--and who would have imagined?), Jesse (the one, the only, Danny McBride), Kelvin (a delightfully snarky Adam Divine), Judy (the crazed and unique Edi Patterson), Baby Billy (the fantastic Walton Goggins), and with the secondary characters, all funny and well acted, of BJ, Tiff, Keef, and the one straight man, Gideon.

Now we have a second family that I cold probably do without, even if it is headed by Steve Zahn (along with Goodman, to me a real star) and Kristen Johnston (that cool 6 foot alien girl from 3rd rock.).

Steve Zahn. By now an impressive A-list comic, as well as serious (ish) actor, with an impressive resume. (For me, he just killed it in Treme.) He is never outclassed comedy-wise, but here, amid such a cast of extravagant characters, he gets a little, I think, lost, and may even be one too many.

I think the first time I noticed Zahn was him being honestly funny in Happy Texas, and then in Joy Ride, where Pauline Kael absolutely loved him, making an otherwise well made, but b-movieish film, memorable.

A few more, by the way, similar breakout, standout, whatever, actors that I remember Pauline centering her review on, praising (to my mind correctly) performances that were must-see memorable, are: Forrest Whittaker in Color of Money (I think she said something like, whoever cast him to do a scene with Tom Cruise must have hated Cruise, lol) Michael Keaton in Beetlejuice (he is is the movie, the ghost with the most, elevating Keaton to an, I guess, Chaplinesque status), and the great, the sweet, John Candy in Splash.

Anyway. Gemstones. Not, for me so far, as good as the previous seasons, but who really cares. It ain't supposed to be Ibsen.

Last edited:
Righteous Gemstones.

They're back. Just watched episode 4, and, to my mind, the original family was enough; to me it would have been better to just stay with Eli (the great John Goodman--and who would have imagined?), Jesse (the one, the only, Danny McBride), Kelvin (a delightfully snarky Adam Divine), Judy (the crazed and unique Edi Patterson), Baby Billy (the fantastic Walton Goggins), and with the secondary characters, all funny and well acted, of BJ, Tiff, Keef, and the one straight man, Gideon.

Now we have a second family that I cold probably do without, even if it is headed by Steve Zahn (along with Goodman, to me a real star) and Kristen Johnston (that cool 6 foot alien girl from 3rd rock.).

Steve Zahn. By now an impressive A-list comic, as well as serious (ish), actor, with an impressive resume. (For me, he just killed it in Treme.) He is never outclassed comedy-wise, but here, amid such a cast of extravagant characters, he gets a little, I think, lost, and may even be one too many.

I think the first time I noticed Zahn was being honestly funny in Happy Texas, and then in Joy Ride, where Pauline Kael absolutely loved him, making an otherwise well made, but b-movieish film, memorable.

A few more, by the way, similar breakout, standout, whatever, actors that I remember Pauline centering her review on, praising (to my mind correctly) performances that were must-see memorable, are: Forrest Whittaker in Color of Money (I think she said something like, whoever cast him to do a scene with Tom Cruise must have hated Cruise, lol) Michael Keaton in Beatlejuice (he is is the movie, the ghost with the most, elevating Keaton to an, I guess, Chaplinesque status), and the great, the sweet, John Candy in Splash.

Anyway. Gemstones. Not, for me so far, as good as the previous seasons, but who really cares. It ain't supposed to be Ibsen.
I agree with most of this, though I think people that analyze Danny Mcbride scripts are working harder than Danny Mcbride is.

The one sore spot across Vice Principles/Righteous Gemstones for me is that Walton Goggins shouldn't be there. I don't mean he isn't good in the series. I've seen Walton do amazing work bringing nuanced portrayals to complex characters, and it just feels like he's being underused, doing shows with two dimensional characters. This guy could probably win an Oscar if given exactly the right role, his performances in the final seasons of "The Shield" were really believable. I guess his unique look and voiced present some casting challenges, and that's why he hasn't made it further. Still, a top notch actor that I think is underutilized.

I like McBride and Devine but I couldn't get into season 1 gemstones..
I skipped to season two a while back instead and have kept up to date.

I like the third season. Lots of suspense.

agree with most of this, though I think people that analyze Danny Mcbride scripts are working harder than Danny Mcbride is.
Yup, lol. A lot of is, I think, just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. And for me, a lot of it does; it can make me literally LOL, lol . Yes, adolescent (ok maybe sophomoric) but still . . . I learned to love me some Kenny Powers :)

Last edited:
The one sore spot across Vice Principles/Righteous Gemstones for me is that Walton Goggins shouldn't be there.
I have yet to really be able to fully check out Goggins' real acting chops (and maybe there's not that much to check out) but I have no problem believing it. Yes, he deserves, as I said once before, some Daniel Day Lewis kind of roles.

But, especially with McBride, he just makes me laugh, with lines readings like:

"I see you found yourself some Funyons." And

"Son of a gun. A toilet baby?"

Last edited:
The guy does such a good job playing dumb that people don't realize he's highly intelligent. When I first saw him in a role, he was playing a really stupid hick, and it was so believable, so exactly spot on, that I assumed they had just found some random guy who's default demeanor was a perfect match for the fictional character. Not so. The guy is versitile, smart, and an expert at his craft. I hope he does get the role of a lifetime in some big movie someday. Honestly his first role may have been that, but it was on a smaller funding show with a smaller audience, so it hasn't brought him into the mainstream as much as it could have.

I'm always talking about "The Shield", and there's reasons for that, but I should say that It's not for everyone. it's a brutal show where every action has realistic consequences that never go away, and explores the darkest aspects of humanity and how the "good guys" justify their involvement in them. I've known a lot of people who had to quit watching the show because it was too intense or uncomfortable to watch. People always talk about Breaking Bad and the Wire, but I personally think The Shield was much better than the Wire. I think a number of factors played into it's lesser fame, mostly the disturbing nature of it's unflinching portrayal of just how bad things get in the LA gang scene, and the murky gray of constant compromise as law enforcement tries to constantly parse out what constitutes the lesser of two evils in a given situation.

Speaking of Danny McBride saw his first film, it was entertaining throughout although I would only give it a 3/5

I'm rewatching ENTOURAGE and there's some pretty funny shit.

Ari Gold talks about how sundance is shit because Peter Dinklage made some railroad movie that won sundance and now he's a washed up nobody

😄 😄 😄

First off that 'railroad movie' has my favorite bobby cannivale performance of his career..
and secondly hilarious because peter dinklage became more famous than ANYONE in entourage. some of these scenes aged like fine wine

Plus the whole Aqua Man thing and also the pablo escabar story on netflix, everything they're doing in the show eventually became a real thing

Last edited:
Back