series What series are you watching?

This was fun to watch Tywin Lannister do his thing in a different series.

I remember not liking Merlin when it came out, i abandoned it at season 1, these later seasons are pretty decent though.

Last edited:
Finished Merlin - This show has a lot of Game of Thrones actors making apperances.

There's an episode with Samwell Tarly and Dickon Tarly standing right next to each other 😆
Davos Seaworth the onion knight has a character, there's even a fun episode with Sir Jeor Mormont.

Now I'm watching Banshee a cinemax series starring Anthony Starr (homelander)

Is Merlin like/better than Game of Thrones? Tried to get into GoT but it always felt too much like it relied upon gratuitous sensationalism in order to grab ratings. (The acting was often excellent and it looked impressive.)

Is Merlin like/better than Game of Thrones? Tried to get into GoT but it always felt too much like it relied upon gratuitous sensationalism in order to grab ratings. (The acting was often excellent and it looked impressive.)

They're filmed in similar locations, with similar costumes and set pieces, but Merlin is much lower budget, episodic instead of serialized, and with a very family friendly PG rating.

It reminds me a bit of "Lois and Clark" cause merlin is running around solving problems with his secret magic powers, keeping his magic hidden from Morgana le Fey and King Arthur

katie mcgrath merlin GIF

bradley james merlin GIF by BBC

Last edited:
OMG Lucifer was in Merlin too and I didn't even recognize him

Cenred11.jpg

Now I'm watching Banshee a cinemax series starring Anthony Starr (homelander)

I watched Banshee on HBO, cinemax original that is finished and now available on HBO

banshee GIF by Cinemax

I watched all 4 seasons of Banshee - They give homelander's character the nickname "Soldier Boy" kinda ironic
I liked all the seasons, season 1 was the best, and early on like s01e03 i think, it had a BADASS fight scene

Amazing scene.

Last edited:
The Worst Witch (Based on Book from 1974)

Starring Bella Ramsey

It's basically an all-girls harry potter with a bumbling comedy protagonist.
Not a show I would recommend for adults, but it's still decently watchable for grown ups.

The show went for 4 seasons 2016-2020 and died off with a lot of other covid netflix shows.
I'm on season 3 now, and apparently bella quit the show afterward and isn't in season 4 at all since she got such better job offers after game of thrones.

Back