• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What do you use to edit?

I was surprised not to find a thread like this, and there probably is one, but one that I couln't find so, sorry if im breaking a rule. :)
So what do you use to edit?
I personally use the Adobe Production Premium, CS5.5.
How bout' you?

Windows Movie Maker

EDIT: I just downloaded something called Cyberlink Power Director 9, which, though still a consumer piece of editing software, is still notches above movie maker.

I want a mac so I can get my hands on FCPX

Last edited:
A rock, two sharp sticks and determination. Digital files are the hardest...

Final Cut Pro, primarily, although I've worked on Avid and have looked at Adobe, and think I could get the hang of that pretty quickly, too.

gelder

Adobe MC4

Can't afford the upgrade to MC5; don't really have a need to, either, seeing as how there's a lot of software in there that I've never even opened once. :lol:

Sony Vegas Pro 8, Vegas Platinum 9, and I have Adobe Premiere Elements 4. I am learning to use Photoshop Elements 6 to create custom typefaces for animated titles with Vegas. I have Soundforge 9 for audio effects.

I also have the full version of Premiere 6 on a Pentium III computer. And, the original release of Final Cut on my Imac DV with a 400Mhz G3 computer. I have past experience with an AVID and some After Effects experience from 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Trying to teach myself NLE on Vegas Pro 10. No desire to edit my own films, but want to know about the mechanics of doing it, and start to think more like an editor when I shooot. Also have some opportunities to shoot music videos coming up, and would like to do the edit myself.

So what do you use to edit?
I personally use the Adobe Production Premium, CS5.5.
How bout' you?
16mmflatbed.jpg

Back