• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch We got challenged by another filmmaker

This filmmaker , blueberry films, To shoot a black and white film , that had a list of strange props that had to be in there ,and it had to be 5 min and 30 sec long. They gave us two weeks to write cast film and edit ,this is what we came up with. Please watch and let me know what you think, your opinions are cherished. here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5YnuI89PE

Thanks,
Dr.sik

Dr. Sik

Come on man!! You had 5:30 to work with. Wheres the suspence. Eg. Approaching shot from

villian POV, outside the house. Maybe a little VO from the girls game while the bad guy stalks

outside? different music/sound. Maybe some "bad guy breathing". Flicker a light here or there. I

think we could have seen the barn guy a little sooner.

Having said that I do believe its a step up from your other vids. Congrats man good work!

Thanks, by the way I was the barn guy , it was crazy , We had to have one continious shot 1 min and 10 sec. long. If I find the list of rules and props I will post them. As far as the bad guy breathing it had to be completely silent , just music

Oh ok. Yea the list would be helpful. Good stuff. You looked like you were doing some good work in that barn. :) Stay away from the goats. BAAAAAH!!:D

Here is the list:

Ok, so here are the rules for this project, and it all has to be finished within two weeks from tomorrow. Let me know if you have any questions.
*Carson Hughes*

RULES:
(The movie has to be...)
5 minutes 30 sec. long
Silent, with music
8 title cards or less
B&W
5 or more actors
Whole cast has to die
1 of the 5 minutes has to be in one shot, give or take 10 sec.

(Random things that have to be in the movie...)
Pumpkin
Gun
Flower
Umbrella
Blood
Water
3 animals
Playing cards
Breaking glass
#s 3,6,9,12
Shower taking
Cooking
Raking leaves
Paint
Microwave
Fire
Playing chess

Pretty good, for meeting the criteria. :cool:

Title cards didn't match the footage colour-scheme - not a huge deal, but just mentionin' as it did stick out.

Soooo... does your opposition film team now have to make something according to your demands? :devil:

I have not heard from them in atleast 6 months , they have not been back on any of the social networking sites ,I don't know what happened to them. As far as after effects , I used Nero when editing ,it has some basic effects. We had a blast with the challenge, we are looking forward to another one

Back