Ukranian Happenings

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
Anyone heard of this?

"Five years ago, a relatively unknown (and unhinged) director began one of the wildest experiments in film history. Armed with total creative control, he invaded a Ukrainian city, marshaled a cast of thousands and thousands, and constructed a totalitarian society in which the cameras are always rolling and the actors never go home."

The Movie That Ate Itself from GQ Magazine

I haven't.

Having read the link:

I don't know what to think or believe right now but if it is all true, whether in the end the project is successful and good or not, it is an experiment of epic proportions which deserves its own respect.

Your thoughts?

I don't see how the film can possibly be better than the story of its creation. This is madness, performance art, grand spectacle. I love it...and I can't explain why.

And of course the obvious question...who the hell is paying for it all???? And can I get their address, because I also have some crazy ideas!

For some reason this story reminds me of Philip Seymour Hoffman's character in Synecdoche, New York as his genius grant project spirals out of control...

Lolz.

Yeah, I think a documentary about the project would probably do as well as the film itself. Release them 6 months apart (and lord knows they'll have the footage!)

I can't imagine how much of a task it would be just going through all the footage for editing (I imagine they've got to have people working on that throughout). Either way, a good read!

I read the whole article. I think that if I was anywhere near the region, Id try and get on that "set that is not set" for day or two.

Back