Thrilled to be here

Hello everyone,
My name is Pedro Monteiro and I am from Lisbon Portugal. I have worked the IT industry for more then 10 years, but my passion has always been in film, as a consumer at first, and gradually as a potential creator.

Like in most art forms, what really fascinates me about film is the immortality of every creation, regardless of judgments on quality, and aesthetics, every film is an expression of a vision that can come from one person, or shared by many.

I'm going through a very interesting time in my life, where I have that excitement that only an amateur and novice has when entering a new field. There is so much to learn, to read, to understand and experiment.
It will be wonderful sharring this voyage with all of you. :)

I look forward to see what you have to share! Everyone in this forum can bring a different perspective to any work or art and its great. :D

Glad to see you here, WELCOME! Happy foruming! :yes:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Zensteve, I would love to learn the basis, and when I mean basis I am talking about the most elementary things, such as what lens should i use depending on the type of shoot that I after, how to record a still, how to record sound properly, and so on. I have a lots of ideas for short narratives, but in all honesty, and despite none of the involving nothing more complex then dialogues, they are beyond my technical abilities at the moment, and probably in the upcoming months.

Also, I am a little obsessed about doing thing right, and sometimes I feel, as a viewer, that people tend to mix the concept of an amateur film with an independent film, and an independent production can technically exemplary, and professional, it does not need to be amateur, so this is exactly what I am going to avoid in the begging, will certainly be doing a lot of shooting and editing, but only for learning purposes.

Zensteve, I have read so many of your posts and replies, you were one of the reasons that compelled me to register, you give fantastic, well informed advise!

Back