• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

The Problem with dark humour

The film Death became her was on TV yesterday evening. And I’ve to say… gosh! I lay on the ground by all these funny jokes. Ok. It was pretty dark humour. But hey! It was GOOD dark humour.
So, now my question is: Why do modern films sucks when they use dark humour? And how can I create jokes, which are as funny as that film?

comedy is subjective, while I like 'death becomes her' I wouldn't say I rolled on the floor laughing at at, if you did that's great but you know your humor so only you can write it

I think a great example of this is how I saw 'Sausage party' and thought it was the worst film ever made, the same night I saw 'A million ways to die in the west' and loved it but when talking about it at a party a week later the room was completely split half of us loved 'a million ways' but hated 'sausage party' and the other half loved 'sausage party' and hated 'a million ways', nobody I spoke to liked both despite the fact both are 'offensive' humor with lots of sex jokes and stoner references they appeal to completely opposite demographics

The members were not too busy to try to help so how about you reply to them, since you have the time to post that.

The best way to not receive help in the future is to post hit and run posts, never returning to the post again at least to acknowledge some helpful answers.

help-me-i-need-attention.jpg

just since its on the topic but I just read this about death becomes her

'When the original film was screened for test audiences, the congregated hive of minds was adamant: the ending had to go. As a consequence, not only was the ending of Death Becomes Her changed, but it meant a subplot about a bartender the character of Ernest (played by Bruce Willis) falls in love with had to go. In spite of said changes, the film never caught fire at the box office in the way it was expected to.'

so it seems parts where altered and it didn't have a great reception at the time of release

I think I watched Death Becomes her again the same day OP posted.

On the subject of Sausage Party. I watched that on the same day I watched Swiss Army Man. It was a day of surreal and dark humor.

I enjoyed both Sausage Party and a Million Ways to Die in the West. If I had a choice of preference it would be A Million Ways.

Back