The Flight of the Flamingo

Today was the day of our promo shoot for The Flight of the Flamingo. Phil (Phil_UK) and I were shooting all day in an apartment with a whole bunch of actors and crew. It was a really good shoot, worked out seamlessly and hopefully we're going to have a really cool promotional scene to show y'all in a few days time!

To whet your appetites, here are some screen grabs from the production:

561403_3601343230096_1169022988_33616643_407728834_n.jpg

485391_3601342350074_1169022988_33616642_161154464_n.jpg

535265_3601341070042_1169022988_33616641_687265242_n.jpg

Enjoy! There'll be a lot more to come soon, including more screenshots, BTS photos and then, eventually, the promo itself :)

Last edited:
Hey there!

Film is wrapped, as I'm sure most of you know.

If there's a filmmaker based in London who could do a little bit of 2nd Unit work for us then that'd be amazing! We just need a couple of establishing shots and some pick ups and you'd be fully credited in the film and doing me a massive favour.

Let me know!

So, I just watched, for the first time, a full rough cut of The Flight of the Flamingo, edited by the amazing Joseph Weindl (aka Cracker Funk) and now I'm properly excited. I genuinely think we've done a very good job of making a feature film for $7000.

Anyhow, this post was primarily to express my excitement about that. I really feel like we're getting there now! Obviously, the sound work is still a massive hurdle to navigate but we're well on our way.

I sort of expected, when I first sat down and watched it, to kind of want to skip through it a little bit- mainly because I've seen every minute being film, I've watched all the rushes, I've seen the rough cut of each scene...etc. But I actually found myself genuinely enjoying the movie, which is crazy right? I don't know, maybe I've had too much coffee...

I laughed out loud several times and, as anyone who knows me will testify, I don't laugh. I smile, but I very rarely laugh. And I laughed several time! Wohoo! :)

There might be the opportunity for one or two Indietalkers to 'test watch' the film at some point in the next month or so, in order to give us broader feedback going into the final dicing and slicing, so please leave your expression of interest here in this thread!

So, I just watched, for the first time, a full rough cut of The Flight of the Flamingo, edited by the amazing Joseph Weindl (aka Cracker Funk) and now I'm properly excited. I genuinely think we've done a very good job of making a feature film for $7000.

Anyhow, this post was primarily to express my excitement about that. I really feel like we're getting there now! Obviously, the sound work is still a massive hurdle to navigate but we're well on our way.

I sort of expected, when I first sat down and watched it, to kind of want to skip through it a little bit- mainly because I've seen every minute being film, I've watched all the rushes, I've seen the rough cut of each scene...etc. But I actually found myself genuinely enjoying the movie, which is crazy right? I don't know, maybe I've had too much coffee...

I laughed out loud several times and, as anyone who knows me will testify, I don't laugh. I smile, but I very rarely laugh. And I laughed several time! Wohoo! :)

There might be the opportunity for one or two Indietalkers to 'test watch' the film at some point in the next month or so, in order to give us broader feedback going into the final dicing and slicing, so please leave your expression of interest here in this thread!

Congratulations, that is tremendous. Fingers crossed you can get some distribution!

Hoorah! Great job, i still have to see it!

Greetings from China!

Ha, I'll send it to you as soon as you're back home :)

Thanks for all the kind words peeps. A long way to go yet, but we've all worked hard and it's starting to pay off. Just got to get this project finished and then start working on the next one! ;)

Back