T2i or GH2

OK, turns out my GH2 will be here tomorrow!

I only have until the 4th of April to return the T2i

what would you do?

Considering.
Not even opening the box. Put it up on ebay right away with a reasonable Buy It Now price, if it SELLS by the 3rd return the T2i and upgrade to the 60d?

Open the box and test it out as originally planned. I do have an FD adapter so I have some ok primes to play with....

Sell it right away, keep the T2i and get a good wide lens with the profits.

Return the T2i and get "re" excited about my original choice of the GH2, buy some lens adapters and get on with it.

uhoh... im feeling a flip flop coming on..

I went through a bunch of my T2i footage last night, and I swear, aliasing and moire in every shot...

Well, that explains why you haven't replied to my PM. Remember, the GH2 still has some moire issues, though not nearly as bad as the T2i. I love the GH2, but it's still not perfect. Of course, I wouldn't expect it to be given the price.

OK, sorry sineater, yes Iv completely flopped. Im taking the T2i back tomorrow. I couldn't figure out how to end the auction so if someone wants to buy it for $5,000 I guess they can have it. :)

I do feel an explanation is in order though.

I thought about how I decided on the T2i, I have totally configured all my stuff for hand held, the LCD viewer, shoulder mount, follow focus were all "focused" on hand held. In this mode the T2i is pretty good, using the LCD for focus etc. But I realized that was not ALL I needed. I set up my dolly and set the T2i up for some test shots with the external monitor. After a few tries I realized I was fighting the lack of HD output on the monitor. I also realized I hadn't really tried to fit the GH2 into my hand held rig.. which was unfair so I spend some time reconfiguring the rig.. all is good.

At least that's how I feel right now.. :)

OK, sorry sineater, yes Iv completely flopped. Im taking the T2i back tomorrow. I couldn't figure out how to end the auction so if someone wants to buy it for $5,000 I guess they can have it. :)

I do feel an explanation is in order though.

I thought about how I decided on the T2i, I have totally configured all my stuff for hand held, the LCD viewer, shoulder mount, follow focus were all "focused" on hand held. In this mode the T2i is pretty good, using the LCD for focus etc. But I realized that was not ALL I needed. I set up my dolly and set the T2i up for some test shots with the external monitor. After a few tries I realized I was fighting the lack of HD output on the monitor. I also realized I hadn't really tried to fit the GH2 into my hand held rig.. which was unfair so I spend some time reconfiguring the rig.. all is good.

At least that's how I feel right now.. :)

Good points. My experience is you need a Z-Finder or equivalent with the T2i and live with the limitations of that. Going back to that Philip Bloom seminar, I'm not confidant the the GH2 will blow your socks off as being all that much better, but look forward to your reviews to see your findings.

Back