T2i or GH2

OK, turns out my GH2 will be here tomorrow!

I only have until the 4th of April to return the T2i

what would you do?

Considering.
Not even opening the box. Put it up on ebay right away with a reasonable Buy It Now price, if it SELLS by the 3rd return the T2i and upgrade to the 60d?

Open the box and test it out as originally planned. I do have an FD adapter so I have some ok primes to play with....

Sell it right away, keep the T2i and get a good wide lens with the profits.

Return the T2i and get "re" excited about my original choice of the GH2, buy some lens adapters and get on with it.

Put the GH2 up on eBay with an ambitiously high Buy It Now price.

Keep playing with the T2i for the rest of the week whilst you see if the GH2 sells.

If you don't get a sale by April 4th, return the T2i and play with the GH2. Then, if after a month or two you find you prefer the Canon range, sell the GH2 and go back to the T2i or upgrade to the 60D.

Say wheat, I ordered a GH2 on amazon and is on some serious back order action - I'll take your GH2 off your hands (and cancel my order) if that's cool. I hope you can send some of that discount action my way, oh and box unopened would be nice too.

Sorry I can't help with the T2i but I am sure it will find a happy home too. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

are you kidding, I could double my money on ebay with the GH2. Sorry, nobody gets a discount this time around, I just sold my HFS100 and letus both at a loss I need to recoup some of that capital expense. :)

Sorry, thats a joke.. sorta..

Hey can't fault a dude for trying, right? Anywho, a heads up on when it hits ebay would be nice, no? I'll bite and if it's too rich for my blood then I'll wait for for my order. It's just so hard to wait ya know.

I am getting rid of my GH2 and all the bells and whistles I have amassed for it over the years - some extra green from maybe a second cam. Hm, say is it practical to have a GH2 as an A cam and a T2i as a B cam? Would the work flow be a pain in the yima? A curious mind would love to know.

Well wheat, enjoy brother. I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy you just a bit, but I can wait.

Oh another general question to all - can I use neoScene to uprez GH2 footage? Thanks again.

I am so turning green over here...well congrats, wheat. Let us kow what that bad boy is like when you crack that box open. In the meantime I'll comtinue to wait for maybe 5 more weeks until I get to feel the GH2 in my paws. Be a bud and share some test footage with us, will ya? Give us something to drool over. LOL.

Say what about that GH2 and T2i camera combo (and and B cam) is that practical or do both cameras have to be of the same model?

Personally, I would find it very difficult (impossible) to resist the temptation of trying out the GH2. I'm not a fan of the crop factor. If it was nearer our price-ranges, I'd be all about the 5D, for the full frame. Nevertheless, how could you NOT play with the GH2? As we've discussed, there do seem to be many reasons to at least be tempted by this camera.

I think if you can honestly list it as being used ONCE, and that it's still in brand-new condition, I wouldn't think that would affect the price too much, should you choose to sell it.

MWAHAHAH.

What's all this curfluffle about the GH2 anyway?

Anyone notice the similarities to the T2i?

H is close to I in the alphabet.
They both have 2 in the name.
G rhymes with T.
GH2 = T2i.

What's so great about it that you'd spend almost a G more on it than a T2i?

(I'm planning to get a T2i myself...)

Can a GH2 shoot awesome still photos?

I fully admit I am not a techie head by any stretch. Hell, I'm still trying to get some mileage out of my HV20 -- until they stop making tapes. But I have to say, the GH2 features look pretty darn slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVnUeEdYQrI

But I don't have a t2i nor have I used one so I'll lean on others for that feedback.

Last edited:
Back