Social Brain Wave: News

I'm still cogitating on the differences.

Just as a general reiteration of the purpose of SBW:
https://www.facebook.com/SocialBrainWave/info
Mission
Its purpose is to work within the Youtube system to help promote the works of the individual members to a level that is beyond what could be done alone.

Description
Social Brain Wave, the Central Youtube Channel, will work as a hub. It will feature Original content, trailers, and reviews for the various works that are housed on the individual channels. It will be used as the connecting point of several dissimilar brands of content, ranging from animated shorts to unscripted nature films and music.

And from the first post of this thread:
Please visit Social Brain Wave @ facebook to learn more about how a group of us are helping promote the works of the individual members to a level that is beyond what could be done alone.

Now, I'll be the first to concede I haven't done squat to promote my own channel.
I haven't even had time to do research on best how to do that.
Honestly, I'm hard pressed to commit to producing content on a bi-weekly basis.
Without so much as a monthly "Happy Meal" incentive check from youtube coming in it's difficult to produce something just for the halibut. Although I do enjoy producing 'Places of Nature!'
So, I have really dropped the ball on my end for promoting my own channel.

The only support I've provided MR, IP, and mckinise is to watch your posted videos, like them, and infrequently comment on them.

I know I need to do more to promote and support SBW and have no justifiable excuse as to why I haven't.

And the traffic @ the SBW facebook page is very infrequent - as we conduct this very conversation here instead of there as proof.

DangerTheatre.com seems like another channel or venue.
IDK if it brings more attention to SBW or fragments what non-existent viewership SBW does have.
Is it going to hurt?
Is it going to make it better?
The 'LyndrickMCollins' YT channel clearly has the greatest number of views and subscribers.
IDK if "DangerTheatre.com as the page featuring the videos", leaving "Social Brain Wave... more of a forum or Social Network of content marketers", makes for a stronger division or weaker package.

I do see the clear difference between the two: DT is the display, SBW is administration.
Simple enough.

I guess if I had to offer any grievance is that having display and administration bundled together, as they currently are, isn't really providing any credible difficulty for 'SBW'@YT viewers/followers to differentiate between any conversations regarding display or administration.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SocialBrainWave
There's no one going "WTF are you guys talking about?!"

Evidence: https://www.youtube.com/user/SocialBrainWave/feed?filter=1
No one's complaining.
H3ll. No one's saying ANYTHING! :lol::no:

But that's the only thing I have to argue one way or another.
Hard to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
H3ll. No one's looked at it to even see if it's broke.

Now... if 'DT' can generate more attention and traffic to any of us, well then... now that's a whole new ballgame, and something to discus and consider.

I read your post this morning and decided to wait and let the idea sink in before saying what I thought. This is just my view of course, and I may be short sighted or whatever, feel free to disagree. :)

I think SBW is an entity in its own right, a figure head for anyone in this little selected group which could allow us to have a kind of synergy. A forum would mean getting rid of that to an extent, what's the point of having a forum if we all met on this forum anyway?
No, I think SBW should be a small group of people who want to work closely together, not a social network.
I'm ok with DT being the front door and I like your metaphor of "society of free thinkers", but I don't think we should devalue or turn SBW away from what it -can- be: an alliance.

That doesn't mean people can't join. By all means, invite people and don't limit with who you work with to this group in any way. I just like the idea of smaller individuals pulling in the same direction rather than trying to swim on their own in an ocean of free media.

P.S. 17k views on G&G? Wow, how did you do it?

I agree on it being its own entity. And it makes sense for the members included, but to content viewers it may just seem like a weird name for a collection of unrelated material (No General theme). I thought about building it into a small Facebook clone also. Still, it is a PR3 in terms of page rank, so we are doing okay by google.

Views were a mixture of subscribers, utilizing a local celebrity, the actors hitting their local networks, and me stupidly wasting money on advertizing. I say stupidly bc I used adwords, facebook, twitter, and a few other solutions in the past. They all left me with nothing to show.

I was initially getting about a 1000 views per day after the first Video "The Fourth." I spent about $100 on advertising. I only had the one video at the time. It lasted about a week before it dropped to about 500 a day. It lasted a week before dropping to 200 a day. One month later it fell to about 20 views per day.

Now, after adding G&G I am at a steady 40-50 views per day. The key words I chose for G&G were not highly optimized. The Fourth, however, is ranking in the top 5 for 4 keywords. That is where my traffic is coming from.

With a budget of $500 per video I could probably send each NEW video viral rank each video in the top 3 for several keywords and on the front page of google. The problem is that without a lot of compelling content all of the money will be lost.

Last edited:
Login Details have been sent to everyone. Change passwords, fill out profiles, put up videos, and blog. PM me if you have troubles. Oh, and make sure you embed your videos in the Videos section. Pages are for static pages. Posts are for blogs.

Info: Comments are disabled to prevent spam. I will now create a contact page, privacy page, and terms page.

SBW Youtube Page

Has no comments because it has no content. Everything is linked in. Nothing is hosted. That said, now that the website is up we don't have to host anything there. If we bring traffic to the website www.socialbrainwave.com, it will work in ways the youtube account could not. The problem now is creating compelling content. We can all embed what we have to the site now to increase the amount of content we have, but future content has to be stronger. We need people to come to the site repeatedly. That means entertaining, informative, and invigorating content.

Once a month with something great is better than once a day with terrible or once a week with mediocre.

Also, perhaps we should be thinking kickstarter to fund a couple really strong projects. I was initially thinking about working on a feature, but I think I may break it up into a series of 10-15 minute episodes, kick start it to raise production, post production, and marketing.

If this became a group project, and if we were all factored in below the line, what could or would each of you bring to the project? Or if it just became the basis of a series of 5 independent projects, what would you each need for it to work?

I can't commit to helping on a Kickstarter because I'm already helping promote Delura's one.
If you want to talk about music, audio mixing etc then get in touch via e-mail. :)

Oh and I agree that SBW might give the wrong impression for Joe Average, maybe you have a point there.

How many views did the $100 advertising get you?

P.S. I've set up my account on SBW. Thanks for sorting all that out. So "Add new" under posts would make a blog post you mean? So I would give it a title, write what I have to say and it would appear on the site somewhere? Sorry, I'm new to Wordpress.

Last edited:
Just toyed around real quick, not a serious attempt at a logo... all I know is that the placeholder banner bugs the hell out of me :) . I'm not as well practiced in logo/typeface design... the Delura typeface was result of weeks of work and multiple people throwing their ideas to take a foggy idea and make it clearer.

Looking at this, I'm thinking something simpler would be better. I would definitely recommend between 3-5 colors maximum.

SBWtest_001.jpg

Just toyed around real quick, not a serious attempt at a logo... all I know is that the placeholder banner bugs the hell out of me :) . I'm not as well practiced in logo/typeface design... the Delura typeface was result of weeks of work and multiple people throwing their ideas to take a foggy idea and make it clearer.

Looking at this, I'm thinking something simpler would be better. I would definitely recommend between 3-5 colors maximum.

SBWtest_001.jpg

Which placeholder? on the youtube or the website?

I can't commit to helping on a Kickstarter because I'm already helping promote Delura's one.
If you want to talk about music, audio mixing etc then get in touch via e-mail. :)

Oh and I agree that SBW might give the wrong impression for Joe Average, maybe you have a point there.

How many views did the $100 advertising get you?

P.S. I've set up my account on SBW. Thanks for sorting all that out. So "Add new" under posts would make a blog post you mean? So I would give it a title, write what I have to say and it would appear on the site somewhere? Sorry, I'm new to Wordpress.

Yes, that is exactly how it works. I may change the positioning of it, but once content starts being updated I will do that anyway.

Advertising is a bit tricky. I used $100 and $50 coupons for advertising Google and FB. It went no where in google. I may have gotten a thousand views. Facebook was a bit better, but the money ran out fast. I did okay with sponsoring tweets. I basically paid ppl with huge twitter followings to send out a good number of tweets about my video.

The rest was posting all over the net. I lucked out the first day and ended up on the main page. I also had tons of ppl copy my video into their feeds. This time I didn't do as much and it shows.

Which placeholder? on the youtube or the website?

The website, yeah. I won't comment on customization options that YouTube gives because they change every few months.

EDIT: If you don't already, check out Reddit for advertising. I am not a fan of the website, but if you post a link with some good content it will get some attention if posted in the right category.

EDIT2: I'll try to get some more mockups made with a little cleaner generic model later.

Last edited:
The website, yeah. I won't comment on customization options that YouTube gives because they change every few months.

EDIT: If you don't already, check out Reddit for advertising. I am not a fan of the website, but if you post a link with some good content it will get some attention if posted in the right category.

EDIT2: I'll try to get some more mockups made with a little cleaner generic model later.

That's cool, just try to keep it more or less the same size of the header for search engine optimization purposes. Google penalizes websites that go too far below the fold. They want the information as close to the top/center of the page as possible.

http://dangertheatre.com/ has a more attractive font.

I'll be releasing an 8 track heavy metal album this weekend, for sale on Bandcamp. If it sells more than just a handful I'll put it on Spotify, iTunes and all that crap, even though I REALLY hate those sites/services.
I'll post a blog post on SBW's site and all that too.

New Places of Nature video - Cloud Races
A little time lapse fun with five minutes compressed into twenty second clips each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zet2eMSwtE

Also, I believe CartoonTemplate should be added to the SBW offering.

I've a new video there today, as well, #5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWmeeLMa2Q

(I see a couple tweaks I gotta make on subsequent vids.)

Going on hiatus for a while. I have sent Ray the log-in information for the socialbrainwave gmail account. Metal, Ray, ICBA have all been given admin rights at SocialBrainwave.com

Nothing wrong. I am just going to focus on creating some actual GOOD content. Thank you guys for everything you have done.

I'm back and I'm

Forget taking time away. I'm Back... I updated the Logo. I uploaded my three new kickstarter videos. Okay, two. I added the puppet show too. People, ADD YOUR NEW VIDEOS.

Now, let's talk kickstarter. I am launching this evening. Here is the URL if you want to check it out before I do. Feel free to offer suggestions.

http://angelsaliensandmonsters.com

Yes... I never did get round to writing that post, I completely forgot. I'll put my new song Space And Time on there instead, next time I turn on my desktop (as I've saved the login info on that one but not this laptop! Silly me!).

As for your Kickstarter I don't really understand that video...

Yes... I never did get round to writing that post, I completely forgot. I'll put my new song Space And Time on there instead, next time I turn on my desktop (as I've saved the login info on that one but not this laptop! Silly me!).

As for your Kickstarter I don't really understand that video...

Watch the interview underneath. I am switching the two videos as we speak. Will take about 30 minutes.

Oh! Ok I see, that makes more sense. I did like the one with the puppets though! :P
I've posted my video to SBW now too. It took me a few goes to get it right, but it has an image, an embedded video, a description and a category!

New 'Places of Nature' video: 'Where's The Brown Thrasher?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVzYdsMdpGw

Rats!

Noticed some errors I gotta correct before re uploading. :grrr:

The corrected version. (Ugh! Dumb Dora.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzuyu8P2ND8

Last edited:
Back