Secret Santa II

Since it's unlikely that there will be snow in these parts by Christmas Eve, it looks like I'll have to move on to plan C.

Will these videos be posted in this thread, or will a new one be started?

I feel I should apologise in advance...

It didn't snow here, so plan A (my awesome fake trailer) has gone out the window. Then I've been stuck in bed with "man flu" for the past two days, so plan B (my awesome music video) has also had to be scrapped!

So it's on to plan C.

Currently there is no plan C....

Whatever I come up with, it's not going to be very good.

Sorry!

I feel I should apologise in advance...

It didn't snow here, so plan A (my awesome fake trailer) has gone out the window. Then I've been stuck in bed with "man flu" for the past two days, so plan B (my awesome music video) has also had to be scrapped!

So it's on to plan C.

Currently there is no plan C....

Whatever I come up with, it's not going to be very good.

Sorry!

Last year, wheatgrinder put a camera on a tripod, and in one shot, with minimal lighting, recorded himself teaching me how load a rifle. He cracked a couple jokes along the way, and I loved it. Something as simple as a sincere Holiday greeting is perfectly fine by the rules laid down in this thread.

I also had an idea in mind for a short film. Alas, I'm working 60 hours per week, all month long. So, whatever I make has to be something that I can do by myself, in my house, in the wee hours of the morning, after I get off work tomorrow or Friday night. I'll probably do the same thing as last year, and sing a little song. :)

I disembowled Santa last year. Nothing special but it was fun. Wish I would have made it this, but I disappeared for a while. :)

Yes!!!

Done and dusted! I've just spent the past 3 hours on my film and considering it's the first thing I've ever shot, I'm quite pleased with myself!

Really, I'm just glad I've got something to submit!!

DONE. And not as happy as I was hoping to be with it. How does the posting work? I think last year a new thread in the "other" section of the screening room was started just for this purpose. When can we start posting?

http://247clocks.com/World-time-zone-map_1.jpg

Usually it's our Aussie mates that're up at the BCOD, sixish, seveinsh.
That'll put our Scandinavian precinct and recently rare Bulgarian beauty at 9-10p the 24th.
7-8-9pm to or UK & EU fellows.
And noon to 3p the 24th for us Yanks.

Ayuh. A separate thread, please.

Last edited:
I wanted to do this but not sure if I will be able to come up with anything. I would not want to let anyone down that I could not come up with anything. That is why I did not sign up.

Who knows maybe I will come up with something and surprise people. I did not like the idea of not having actors in my video. I did not want to make a video where I am the only person in the video again. I do have one idea so far for a video but I am not sure it will work.

Last edited:
Separate thread, for sure. Screening room. I think it's perfectly fair to start posting on the 23rd, cuz lots of people will be really busy on the 24th.

Me? I'll be both making and posting mine approx 24-hours from now. :)

Yep, separate thread in the Screening Room. Whoever wants to dive in first gets to make it.

You can start posting them today I guess but people who aren't ready shouldn't feel any pressure (I'm talking to myself there...) :)

Today seems... a skosh early, but it's your show.

Recalling my desire to present a "worthy" entry in past events and it's conflict with scarce time resources available to produce such, I would like to really encourage others to not rush anything, and post it when you're reasonably satisfied with what you have.

People will remember thoughtful and nice longer than they will late-ish. :yes:

I look forward to seeing what you wacky folk bring!!

At the same time, however, if people are going to be busy on Christmas Eve and Day, then it's best to get them up now! :)
Gotcha.
Yerr tho thmart.
Thomeday, when I groat up, I wanna be ath thmart az ewe!

Last edited:
I agree that today is quite early and the ideal day would be Christmas Eve.

At the same time, however, if people are going to be busy on Christmas Eve and Day, then it's best to get them up now! :)

Back