• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

plot Randomized

sfoster

Staff Member
A down and out depressed loser is sick of his life. He comes across an advertisement for an experimental therapy that will erase his personality and turn him into a brand new random person mentally.
But after being randomized he turns into a cold blooded psychopath bent on revenge toward everyone that has ever slighted him

Wait why are people talking about comedy lol

I was thinking more like a psychological horror film.

the random part is the personality.
Like a group of 12 people volunteer for the treatment and they all become random new personality with likes and dislikes and boldness and shyness etc l

I'm going to try writing this one, it sounds fun.
I think actors would like it a lot since they get to basically play two characters in the same short story.

A down and out depressed loser is sick of his life. He comes across an advertisement for an experimental therapy that will erase his personality and turn him into a brand new random person mentally.
But after being randomized he turns into a cold blooded psychopath bent on revenge toward everyone that has ever slighted him

Shades of TOTAL RECALL. As an audience member, I'd like to know how he ends up becoming a cold blooded psychopath bent on revenge toward everyone that has ever slighted him. In other words... WHY does that happen? Obviously something went wrong with the erasure. I think you need to be able to explain that via the story so that it makes sense and is believable within that world.

Last edited:
So the guy/gal that developed this program/therapy is a victim of the same person as the MC. So you have your MC. You have the software developer. The software developer codes something for revenge for them personally... knowing that when they erase their mind they still have the ability to seek revenge against this one person. So now when the MC uses it... they also seek revenge because it is against the same person and coded. This could play into a really cool dynamic between those two as well.

Shades of TOTAL RECALL. As an audience member, I'd like to know how he ends up becoming a cold blooded psychopath bent on revenge toward everyone that has ever slighted him. In other words... WHY does that happen? Obviously something went wrong with the erasure. I think you need to be able to explain that via the story so that it makes sense and is believable within that world.

Okay how about this... he has a big machine around his head, you have to hold still for about 5 seconds but he sneezes during the procedure.

So the guy/gal that developed this program/therapy is a victim of the same person as the MC. So you have your MC. You have the software developer. The software developer codes something for revenge for them personally... knowing that when they erase their mind they still have the ability to seek revenge against this one person. So now when the MC uses it... they also seek revenge because it is against the same person and coded. This could play into a really cool dynamic between those two as well.

Software developer going rouge like that is what happened in the new remake of Child's Play. It was done really well.
I think your idea is good but too complicated for what I'm going for. I cut out all the other patients and now its just the MC getting the operation.

Sounds a little like 'Living with yourself' but gone wrong. Could play it that way potentially. Instead of creating a better version of himself, it accentuates all his worst and sadistic tendencies, either by accident or design.

And I never said or meant that you need to have that all figured out BEFORE you start writing. If you've got a big enough spark to get you going immediately? DEFINITELY PLAY THAT OUT and figure out the rest as you go along. All I'm saying is that generally speaking? If I were to read a script like that... Based on what you've told me thus far? As a reader, a writer, and producer, I'd want that element explained well enough so that it's not a question that even pops up after reading it all the way through.

Last edited:
Back