Random Thread

This is a random thread about anything.

Anything random at all, What's on ya mind? :)

I aced my English Comp Classes thinking like Tom Waits when I wrote, Yes, he is a master, and...well I never stole, but copied style.:)

Last edited:
weird hat GIF

10k hour rule, hmmmm - well I suppose I took creative writing classes 8 years ago, but haven’t been active in writing, does that mean I need those lost years to become good? And yeah, Mozart producing garbage until 22....idea is flawed, but hell I am wrong all the time.

Last edited:
My main focus is Poker, yeah I would love to be a screenwriter, but, I can talk poker all day, here is a great poker vid to watch.:) That slow call...:)
BTW: if you want to read or audio listen to an amazing book check out

The Biggest Bluff: How I Learned to Pay Attention, Master Myself, and Win by Maria Konnikova (Author) , great poker book!​

Last edited:
learning to be a stoic...it is challenging, luckily my audio book makes it easier, I need it tbh...for poker, and, for well, just the now.
This YT video does not sum it up, but it does a pretty damn good job!

Last edited:
I just found this Winston typewriter app for macOS, I haven't started using it but I am excited to test it out. It is free, at least I think it is so far... I am a fan of anything that makes the text feel more crafted when writing. I thought about buying a typewriter or a typewriter keyboard, but this may just do the trick I am looking for :) I dig it!

Last edited:

this is good filmmaking, really shows off what you can accomplish with active collaboration between editor and foley team

Why was this so awful to watch.

I thought the editing was well executed and took some work but for some reason the content was not appealing to me at all.
and I really liked the cowboy bebop anime.

This video reminded me of one of those youtube videos like FilmRiot where they show you how to technically execute something cool but in their example film its missing any sort of heart... weird. it did not resonate with me at all. the only reason i would want to watch this is if i felt like studying editing.

Why was this so awful to watch.

I thought the editing was well executed and took some work but for some reason the content was not appealing to me at all.
and I really liked the cowboy bebop anime.

This video reminded me of one of those youtube videos like FilmRiot where they show you how to technically execute something cool but in their example film its missing any sort of heart... weird. it did not resonate with me at all. the only reason i would want to watch this is if i felt like studying editing.
I'm keeping an open mind, I really loved the original anime, one of the only anime I really like. I can kind of understand what you mean though, there was so much good editing in this trailer that it didn't actually leave any room for content. The entire trailer was about the editing. Still, some very inventive and proactive editing. Credit where credit is due. Look at the effort elsewhere, 1000 trailers in a row with only fade to black and text titles, Avatar's title is just the Papyrus font from MS word, lol. Death note turned out ok when Netflix adapted it, so fingers crossed. I can't count the number of times a trailer seriously misrepresented it's film.

Last edited:
Went to the

Quentin Tarantino Film Festival​

Back in 1998, I was not into film really, just in Austin back then, you found yourself wherever, I spent two (maybe three, can't remember ) days watching films with a bunch of film fanatics while Tarantino explained why he loved each film. If looking for some interesting films check out his list from his film festivals!

Last edited:
Back