Quick 'Yes' or 'No' on website music

Do you like websites with music or sound which automatically plays in the background?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys,

Im in the middle of a decision right now and need a general opinion on the following.

When you visit a website and background sound or music plays automatically, do you like it if the website is well designed or does it annoy you no matter what and how the website is?

To make this quick and easy for everyone, you can just use the poll above.

If you want to add something more, please go right ahead and comment away.

Thanks.

Ernest.

I think it's cool if you give people an option to "turn music on". But when I've got Pandora open in another window, the meshing of sounds is pretty dis-jarring.

Every time it happens I wanna kill the guy who decided to go for it.

I wanna know before some music attacks me.

Hahaha, thank you guys! Pretty much what i thought but was having a creative argument here on the site we're working on right now.

Thanks again for the quick replies and advice, everyone!

If you use website music, I will never speak to you again.

:lol: I was having an argument with someone here as we work on the website. I wanted none since it annoys me but he was making a legitimate argument. I offered we let public opinion decide since the site has to attract the general population.

I rest my case and the decision has been made.

But if it means you'll never speak to me again, i just might do it... :lol:

I think no too. But like you said, it can be done. At least sort of. Definately important to supply the option to turn it off.

Here's a cool site that I think uses it to nice or at least fair effect.

Drink Lucid

But yeah, it probably wouldn't be long before I turned it off, if I was going to spend much time on it.

Building websites and apps is my job.. I can tell you with all certainty (as your poll clearly shows already) adding music/sound/etc that plays automatically is a very bad idea.

Back