Projector

Hey Folk,

My projector, a "Sanyo" after only a day, bust it's guts--damn you Ebay. So, after a refund, I have around 250 pounds to spend on replacing it. I'm not hoping for the HD experience of a life-time, although it'd be great, I'd just like to get back to my movie-watching.

If you could recommend anything, be that in my price range, or perhaps a little beyond, I'd tell you how much i love you, and let you have a couple organs.

Cheers

-Daniel

Have you checked out the Zanzoomi XJ-47A for $499?

Okay, there is no such thing! I just need a new liver. :(

Well (sighs), back to my grape drink and rubbing alcohol concoction then,
can’t keep the Leprechauns (or whatever those things are I see) waiting.

-Thanks-

DIY projector

Or you could build a projector like I have :yes: With an old Overhead projector, an LCD screen, and a fan for cooling you will be good to go! Ha, although it has its downsides, like being big and bulking for living space, but replacement bulbs are like $5 bucks. Probably do a google search on DIY projector and you should get some info. But as for me it works well, currently I have a screen size of about 10' and looks very sharp. Better then a lot of the actual projectors you would buy. Just a thought though, and my total cost was about $150 including Projector $60 ebay, 15" lcd with dead backlight $15 ebay, about 20 bulbs for about $30 ebay, laptop cooling fan $15, and the rest for materials to build my roll down screen thats 11' wide by 7' 10" tall. To get this screen size without the image starting to look pixelate, i have the projector about 11 to 12' away from the screen.

Here is a link to one for a demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6n6jW0XIV0

Good luck!:cool:

Or you could build a projector like I have :yes: With an old Overhead projector, an LCD screen, and a fan for cooling you will be good to go! Ha, although it has its downsides, like being big and bulking for living space, but replacement bulbs are like $5 bucks. Probably do a google search on DIY projector and you should get some info. But as for me it works well, currently I have a screen size of about 10' and looks very sharp. Better then a lot of the actual projectors you would buy. Just a thought though, and my total cost was about $150 including Projector $60 ebay, 15" lcd with dead backlight $15 ebay, about 20 bulbs for about $30 ebay, laptop cooling fan $15, and the rest for materials to build my roll down screen thats 11' wide by 7' 10" tall. To get this screen size without the image starting to look pixelate, i have the projector about 11 to 12' away from the screen.

Here is a link to one for a demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6n6jW0XIV0

Good luck!:cool:

I wish i had the time to do build my own projector, I'm a sucker for all this. Too many shoots set over the next six months. I'm going to bookmark it, I'll get a kick out of it whenever i have the time.

Nice find

I'm not a techie, so I have nothing relevant to add to the discussion of which projector to purchase. I will say, however, that your movie-watching experience will be so much more awesome with a projector screen like this:

img0248zd.jpg

And yes, that handsome man is yours truly. Ladies, I'm single!

Back