Please Visit Our Website

Hello everyone, im new here and I would like to introduce my film crews website its called Kurt Li Films

We would appriciate it if you would all take a look at our site.

Tell us what you think about it. We'd love to hear from you all.

Visit HereKurt Li Films

Also please join our Message Board and talk with us.

Hello, and :welcome:
I have a suggestion for your site. Add in the main menu to all the pages to ease navigation... I don't like using the back-button, and it's harder to get around your site if yo have a series of dead-ends. Otherwise it looks pretty good!
As a Canadian, I'd love to see your "Trip to Canada" video! When do you plan on posting your work?

-Logan-

On everypage, there is a button on the top that says Homepage, that takes u back to the Main Menu. But thanks. We plan on adding some trailers a bit later. Right now we're working on small 20 min comedy zombie movie. But once we finish that project it will be posted on the internet for everyone to watch. Thanks for checking out the site :cool:

The site looks cool.. nice artsy look and feel.

I have some suggestions though

1. do NOT have your email address in plain text. blah@blah.com Spam crawlers search for those types of email addresses. I noticed it on one of your pages at the bottom. Maybe have the email address there but make it a JPG instead of text. Or make the mailto: link go to your email but the text show blah_at_blah.com.
2. Navigation... I had to use the back button many times. Also, something funny about your homepage button, I had to hit the red outline of the text instead of the middle. put the menu that you have on the homepage, on every page... check out this one I did: http://diablovalleydivorce.com The menu code is in each page.

I'm using FireFox, for security purposes.

3. The forum link takes you to a page that you have to click another link on to get to the actual forum... have it go direct.

4. Again, I like to look and feel of the site. Looks pretty good..

Aside from the missing nav-bar on most pages, it looks very nice. :)

It must be hard to choreograph fights! Do you study any martial arts, or try to fake it somehow?

Zensteve said:
It must be hard to choreograph fights! Do you study any martial arts, or try to fake it somehow?

Yes I study Tae Kwon Do, im a black belt, but I watch aalllloooottt of kung fu movies, so I usually pay close attention. So I know some tricks of trade in Movie martial arts. Me and the Director Ryan both study forms of martial arts so it works out good for our fighting sequences, It took us about 8 hours to choreograph a 5 min fight scene. Its pretty hard.

And thanks all of your for your suggestions, I'll deff. look into them. But thanks other wise for visiting and enjoying my site :lol:

Nice site, but I agree, it needs a nav bar on all pages. Not everyone wants to go back to the homepage every time.

yea I would loove to find a nice good cheap webhost were It wouldnt have ads, and I can have my own url name. But geocities has an easy upload, i cant for sum reason publish my site with frontpage, it says I have to contact my service pervidor. And i didnt want to.

any good suggestions?

Last edited:
Globat.com is cheap as dirt, including the dot.com name of your choice. Massive amounts of storage too, which is very handy for people with a lot of a/v material... like say, indie filmmakers ;)

There are some other similar webhosts with similar deals that you could take a look at. If you decide to go with Globat, though, Logan has some kind of referral thing. Maybe PM him about it. (I'm not sure what the details are)

Site is much better with that nav-bar up :yes:

you should probably make your forum open in a new window, since there's no link back to the main site from it... or if there is it's not easy to find. Just add target="_blank" to the <a href=....> before the closing bracket.

It's much better with the nav-bar...
Just a suggestion for your multi-media page:
put thumbnails for the videos, and have the pictures in horizontal lines instead of straight-down vertical.
Great look though- much better than before!
See how much one little change can make a huge difference? Strange.

-Logan-

YouAreAloneMOVIE said:
My biggest criticism would be the font on the opening page. The word "requires" is truly unreadable. I'm only guessing that's the word.

And I also wonder about the validity of a geocities site. I mean, I wouldn't invest in/or hire someone with a geocities site. URL's and hosting are so cheap now-a-days...

My 2 cents...

What webhost do you use, and how much does it cost?

I guess that I would have to say that while the layout is decent, it kinda uneventful. Not much to look at. I guess I expect more visuals from a filmmaking website. You've got a few pics on there and like 2 "pre-production" videos but...it would be nice to see more visual variety on there.

JasonJolliff said:
I guess that I would have to say that while the layout is decent, it kinda uneventful. Not much to look at. I guess I expect more visuals from a filmmaking website. You've got a few pics on there and like 2 "pre-production" videos but...it would be nice to see more visual variety on there.

Give me some Ideas, what would you guys like to see more of on the site, i would be gald to do it

Your site has exceeded its bandwidth level. You should get it hosted if you want it to look professional, geocities screams amateur. There's plenty of hosting plans for only a few bucks a month. Good luck.

Joel_kurtlifilms said:
Give me some Ideas, what would you guys like to see more of on the site, i would be gald to do it
I dunno...just more visuals. Like you other 3 films. Can those be uploaded for viewing? Maybe some more production stills as well rather than just 10 photos of what looks like the same fight scene. I signed up for you newsletter. YMLP is great, that's who I use. Feel free to join mine as well.

Back