• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My video Debut!

So it was a short to promote your website?

Great approach to promotion, i have to say however the approach is the only part you do well here. I liked some of the technical parts but the minor continuity issue at 15 seconds doesn't do well for the image.

Am I just being too pedantic? Yeah.. probably.

I thought it was great especially considering the gear you were working with. I like how the music was mixed with the camera audio in the beginning with the car door, rolling up your sleeves, etc.

I liked most of the camera work too, how you transitioned, camera angles, telling the story without dialog, even how the camera guy positioned himself so you couldn't see much of him in the reflection of the doors on the building.

Everything after 1:50 felt dramatically out of sync though. An understated ending with your URL would have left me with more of a consistent feeling.

Overall I like it a lot. Did you storyboard it out first or just shoot out of your head?

Of course a lot of it was out of focus and had color/exposure issues, but I attribute that to the low end camera. Being able to tell a story is much more important to me,especially when dealing with limited gear. Anyone with money can buy a high end camera, anyone can learn the technical stuff (it's important, don't get me wrong) but if I have to choose between this and something that was focused, exposed and lit perfectly but in a boring way... I'll take this.

its cool that there is a range of responses.. love it or hate it..

I found my self actually in suspense for a second there, so it works for me.

Speaking from a production quality aspect only: it was cancer bad.

I lol'ed at this. I think that's something of an over reaction.

There were continuity issues (such as the 15 second back track already mentioned and a stray microphone) and the production value was what you'd expect from the flip cam. But all in all I've seen hundreds of worse short films in this genre.

Certainly wasn't cancer bad :)

EDIT: Plus I feel obliged to say that I'm making a short film at the moment and if/when I post it here, if someone posts to tell me it's 'cancer bad' I'll be pissed off... That's a pointless, nonconstructive reply to something that, whilst not perfect, he's clearly spent a bunch of time on.

thnx GOD you didn't say "here's my short story..I't was really tough to shoot" or something like that..

I appreciate your first attempt (& done something using flip camera).. I appreciate the music.. like psy & nick, you should careful about continuity..

btw, don't get pissed off with the comments..

I thought it was okay. A lot of work for a pay off which honestly I couldn't read. You should go into the editing system and put some readable text over the unreadable text. Then it works fine.

I lol'ed at this. I think that's something of an over reaction.

There were continuity issues (such as the 15 second back track already mentioned and a stray microphone) and the production value was what you'd expect from the flip cam. But all in all I've seen hundreds of worse short films in this genre.

Certainly wasn't cancer bad :)

EDIT: Plus I feel obliged to say that I'm making a short film at the moment and if/when I post it here, if someone posts to tell me it's 'cancer bad' I'll be pissed off... That's a pointless, nonconstructive reply to something that, whilst not perfect, he's clearly spent a bunch of time on.

You're right. My apologies for bad form. Message received and understood.

I don't have much to add. I think the music choice was really good, it kind of makes the video. I'm kind of confused on what the website's about. Good luck on your next short. :)

You've gotta start somewhere, so not bad.:yes:

Next time, give us an actual short so we can critique it.

-- spinner :cool:

i've seen A LOT worst. first you should have shown the website in more bolder writing because we couldnt even read it an that was the whole point of the video.

could have had a lot more steady hand on some of the camera shots, one thing that kept this from being 100% convincing is that some of the actors didn't look the part they were portraying

gave the video more of a comedic, satire look than a suspenseful imo

Pretty cool for just screwing around, although I could barely read the URL because of the camera angle and it being lightly penned in. If the point was to ultimately advertise your site, you might want to make damn sure it's readable.

Back