Miley Cyrus goes raunchy.

Yeah, I don't understand the drama. She's rebelling, young people are known to do that. By definition, her behavior wouldn't be rebellious if she didn't ruffle a few feathers.

I'll be happy for her if she's able to make it out of child stardom, without going completely nutso. If this is how she needs to cope with being known as a poster child for sweet innocence, then I say more power to her.

I'm more bothered by the fact that the performance was boring. o_O

I don't think her performance was boring, but everyone has different tastes. That said, she is only 21, so she is entitled to going through her stages in life. Thing is, she may lose her initial audience, and, once that is lost, she may never get her business back.

Hmmm, good point about Christopher Reeve. Despite "Deathtrap", he was still seen by many as a clean-cut all-American boy, so there may be a double standard of some kind.

So what if he still had the "clean-cut all-American boy" image? The point is that afterwards he wasn't pigeon-holed into playing good-guy roles as an actor after "Death Trap."

Your public image does not have to coincide with your personal life. I have a friend who for years played an extremely nasty character on a very popular daytime soap opera; he's a really, really nice guy in person, a real teddy bear.

And, of course, the opposite can be true. Richard Dawson had a very nice guy screen persona, especially on the "Family Feud" game show. But according to reports he was a first class S.O.B. in person. The only exception was his character in "The Running Man" (1987), which was apparently very close to his real personality; in person he was even worse.

Thing is, she may lose her initial audience, and, once that is lost, she may never get her business back.

But that's what typically happens to child stars anyway. If anything this helps give her a clean break from the past. I don't think it has anything to do with her rebelling, I'm pretty sure it was a calculated PR move that so far seems to have worked exactly as planned. Hell, here we are talking about it when it's got nothing to do with indie filmmaking.

And I agree with CF - I kept hearing about it, finally watched it, and was in complete shock! At how boring and uncontroversial it was, that is. I kept waiting for her to something really "shocking" and then it was over. I can't believe people are giving it as much attention as they are.

I don't think her performance was boring, but everyone has different tastes. That said, she is only 21, so she is entitled to going through her stages in life. Thing is, she may lose her initial audience, and, once that is lost, she may never get her business back.

She gained me as a fan. I've never seen her show and didn't know any of her songs, but I was so impressed I'm actually paying homage to her in my short film next week.. (including giant stuffed teddy bears at the party scene)

Honestly she seems like a really cool girl, i would party with her any night

Last edited:
Well, does your real-life persona have to match your onscreen one? I don't know. I wonder if there are any studies to that effect.

Of course not .. consider britney spears, do you really think she was a innocent little virgin the whole time she was romping around trying to sell that image? I don't need a study to tell me that

i'm sure it helps if that is your real image, it's easier to look genuine

Miley's latest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8

It's difficult to give the (mundane) song the attention it intrinsically deserves because of the combination of both her distracting trying-too-hard theatrics + the poor acting emotionally distraught.
I can clearly feeeeeel the director off camera coaching her through multiple takes. Ugh.

The implied nudity doesn't really count for any value, if anything it's a negative value and for the wrong reasons.
I'm not impressed.

I don't really know at what age a performer should "show it before it goes south 'cause it ain't gettin' any better from here", but 20 years old seems a bit early though, and I don't think it'll be magically be better next month when she hits 21.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miley_Cyrus
Born November 23, 1992 (age 20)

I dunno.

From a strictly filmmaking perspective I should think a music video is supposed to NOT distract from the primary focus which is the song itself, and I think this video distracts from the song.
Maybe I'm not puerile enough.
I don't think I really wanna see her junk, even if it was of better quality.
Sing your song, wouldja?

(Now, when Selena Gomez starts... just joking.) :lol:

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Og4LaB1Zc

For da gamerz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLUc_2ec1A

Chuckle: niiiice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=538qb4xFSOU

Last edited:
I don't really have an opinion on Miley Cyrus (not my cuppa and nothing we haven't seen before), but A+ twitter find, Zensteve! Trying not to laugh too hard at work, which of course is making it worse!

I'm don't really care about the We Can't Stop video, nor do I care much about Miley Cyrus.

What people don't understand is that by talking about her, positive or negative, you're attracting attention to her music and video(s). They're just keeping it alive.

I wasn't bothered by that We Can't Stop video, but the Wrecking Ball video was horrifically bad. So bad, it's actually funny.

That Nic Cage video wasn't funny. It was just downright disturbing.

when miley cyrus is naked & licks a hammer it’s “art” and “music”.. but when I do it, I’m “wasted” and “have to leave Home Depot"

:lol: Brilliance!

am I the only one who liked it? That (wrecking ball) was the first I heard or watched anything by M. Cyrus. I thought it was very honest seeming, its typical young adult angst, but maybe something can be said about the juxtaposition of being both the target and the tool of destruction. Which is sorta of a Truth of life.

The most uncomfortable part of the video was the M's cotton mouth. Seeing that dry spit stick to her teeth sorta grossed me out.

Last edited:
am I the only one who liked it? That (wrecking ball) was the first I heard or watched anything by M. Cyrus. I thought it was very honest seeming, its typical young adult angst, but maybe something can be said about the juxtaposition of being both the target and the tool of destruction. Which is sorta of a Truth of life.

The most uncomfortable part of the video was the M's cotton mouth. Seeing that dry spit stick to her teeth sorta grossed me out.

Watch her video for "we can't stop" it's fantastic

Damn kids with your hippity-hoppity computer music get off my damn lawn!

The funny thing about that article is that you could replace all the performers names in it with any popular artists from any two decades apart and it would pretty much work.

The scary thing about that article is that when someone does that and writes a similar article in 20 years, the old performers in the article will be Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber - and they'll probably be railing against music that was literally produced without the involvement of humans at all.

Back