[Mar 5] What are you working on this week?

:Editing the 34 minute version of my sci-fi short film. Getting better everyday. Learning Final Cut Pro X a little bit at a time.

Here's a preview of the new cyborg spaceship.
28424943_10215218502518468_1568872686647216454_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished sound design for a string of commercials, about to start dubbing a short film this week.

Got about another 10 projects lined up for after that too, will be a busy couple of months!

2nd episode of a web series.. I've got 3 more lined up :(
That's what happens when you bring the composer too late on board ;)

Little different: docu-drama series on fetish subcultures. Felt out of my depth at first, but the people are wonderful.

A clean reinstall of my laptop after an update bricked it.
Such a waste of time. Meanwhile editing on my workstation.

And taking care of my little avocado plant. The seed took 6 months to grow leaves. I'm feeling proud :)

Just finished SCARE, a 2 hour documentary. Been on it for the past 4 years. Now done and soon up on the TVODs. Killed me sending out the ProRes 422 HQ codec (at 202 GB) on an upload rate of a little over 11.32 Kbps... took over 40 hours! Drove me nuts. Any one else have this problem?

Last edited:
This week is a wind-down week for me. Just finished 10 days on
the Oscars. Crazy long hours! This was my first time on deck - I'm
usually a followspot operator - and it was tough. That set was intense.

A clean reinstall of my laptop after an update bricked it. Such a waste of time.
It drives me nuts when I have to fix the computer before I can edit.
And taking care of my little avocado plant. The seed took 6 months to grow leaves. I'm feeling proud :)
Nice, I was thinking of doing that. I just read it takes a few years to get fruit. Is your tree in the ground or a container?

Nice, I was thinking of doing that. I just read it takes a few years to get fruit. Is your tree in the ground or a container?

I'm in The Netherlands, so I keep it inside. Last week it was freezing outside, but sunny and it really loves sunshine and warmth.

In september I hung the seed in a cup of water.
For weeks nothing happened and then after another 2 weeks of sunny weather a root started to grow really fast.
It slowed down when the days got shorter when we went into the winter season, but I had to hang it in a vase after a while: the root kept growing.
Suddenly a green sprout appeared but stopped growing. I thought it all failed, but let it sit for a few more weeks. When days started to get longer and we had a few sunny days a new sprout grew out of the seed.
I moved the seed from a vase with only water to a container with soil 2 days ago. A scary moment when it already took so many time to get there. The pant is 6 inches high nog.
I don't expect it to bear fruits here: it might just not be warm enough in the house.
And if it does, it probably can't keep up with my avocado usage ;)

Anyway, it looks lovely.

I don't expect it to bear fruits here: it might just not be warm enough in the house. Anyway, it looks lovely.
Cool, good luck with it :)
Here's some info in case you don't already know.
"One of the problems with container grown avocado plants is root rot. As is the case with most root disease, the cold damp conditions of winter often initiate the problem. Be sure to keep the plant's root system warm during cooler temperatures. Once soil disease organisms affect the root system, it is very hard to return the plant to health."
https://www.logees.com/howtogrowavocados

Yesterday there was an item on national news about a car getting stuck in the Waddenzee: the mudflat area in the north of The Netherlands.
Some people from the south were driven on the beach during low tide and gut stuck, only to realise they were on a mudflat and high tide was coming. The car has been there for a while now.
The original news item had chopper sounds edited to the drone footage. In a flash of creative silliness I decided to improve the sound design a bit. Because if they want to sound tough with chopper sounds, they should go all the way ;)

https://www.facebook.com/brokxmedia/videos/1676488899098281/

I'm writing a screenplay for my cousin's 18th birthday. When we were little, we used to play a lot pretending we were superheroes, and we built an entire universe around the idea with an origin story, villains etc. It has kind of become a running joke between us through the years, even now we often recall it. So I've decided to write a movie adaptation of that idea as a birthday present. The whole story was pretty dumb and full of clichés so I'm not going to save the world with this script, but it's going to be good practice and I think she'll like it :)

Back