making movie help!!!!

I was just gonna ask if anybody knows of any movie making tips. Is there any movies on directors that go through the process of making films, Like behind the scenes . Was just wondering for ideas and how the film directors work, What its like in post production. But if you have any resources I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.:);)

Tips? Hmmm...

First off, basic: Get camera, shoot. Download to computer. Lather rinse repeat. Doesn't matter what you're shooting, if you're just starting off, practicing and shooting and editing are key first steps!

For an editor most versions of Windows have Moviemaker I believe...

First off, basic: Get camera, shoot. Download to computer. Lather rinse repeat. Doesn't matter what you're shooting, if you're just starting off, practicing and shooting and editing are key first steps!

Respectfully disagreeing. I think you'll learn some bad habits that way, and it's difficult to un-learn a bad habit.

yeah, i agree with u. and that is wat i mean. but in the end u have to get a camera and go shoot. and if u realize y ur footage is not coming out the way ur expecting, ull learn faster and much more by doing that.

Yess!!!

Guys!! I cant thank you enough for all your tips and stategies!!!, Im using em as we speak. Im using my Iphone for the shots and a crappy laptop using sony vegas. Im learning the basics and you guys are right.
editing and practicing using the tools do give me an Idea on where to start. again I cant thank you enough.;)

Im using my Iphone for the shots and a crappy laptop using sony vegas.

You are the man! (or woman; didn't check profile)

Makin' the most of what you've got is how you get ahead. I'm gonna reference this thread whenever someone starts complaining about how they can't do anything until they can afford the best of the best (which will always be out of their reach)

You have made my day!
smiley_five.gif

Firstly i'd definitely recommend purchasing Robert Rodriguez's book "Rebel Without a Crew", just google it and buy it :D It's totally inspirational and will get you "in the mood" for making a movie. It's almost a diary of production during his first ultra low budget feature "El Mariachi". Check it out.

Also, my brother and I run an online film school on youtube which has some tips and tricks, don't know how useful it'll be but i'm just putting it out there:

www.youtube.com/REELOnlineFilmSchool

Hope this helps! Keep it up :)
x

Guys.

Wow!! I have the book right now and im reading every word in that book as we speak. Im very impressed with all the advise, Thank you fellow film enthusiasts !!!!. I actually attached my Iphone to a plastic water pipe and managed to practice birds eye view. I edit the shot with sony vegas and Im feeling more confident than ever. Thanks to you guys I think Im progressing. the only thing that suz about the iphone is the lighting changes automatically, so I have to manually focus, but I found this app that actually allows you to input the right settings. Zen Steve and Elliander thanks for the advise, Im using every ounce of input that I can gather. And Thanks you guys that contributed to this thread. It keeps me coming back for more!!!!:)

Back