pre-pro Making a Low Budget Sci-Fi Film

onebaldman

Cracking away at the set!

Major shout out to the set hands Joel and Stefo for helping bring this creation to life! Every day with their hard work, sweat, and sometimes tears (only because of my driving skills). Without them, this wouldn't be happening right now.

Rob and Ray's workshop has also officially finished building the suit, and it is being shipped from Kodiak as we speak. (holy cow, those shipping prices need cut). Major props to those two for working on such an amazing piece of art over the last couple of months. I can't wait to see it in action!!!

We even have made great strides toward our miniature spaceship, The Lucretia, named after Lucretia Davidson whose poem "To a Star" is featured in this film. Thanks to Alex for hustling and being very generous with the greeblies.

Beautiful work by amazing people. This is why film-making is a one of a kind thing.

Attachments

onebaldman

I'm a huge sci-fi fan myself and this is looking really amazing. The props and everything look super well done already.
Thanks so much Adam! I am a huge fan of films like Alien, Bladerunner, The Thing, Interstellar, 2001... The list is long. It's hard work to build all of this, but I am confident we can create something cool and unique with all of it.