• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

LOW PAYMENT

Hi,
As most of you know I am an Indian writer. As many suggested
I approached a Producer here and what do you think he offered .
He suggested a token payment of Rs 101-to me .
I though he was joking but he was dead serious
padma

I wouldn't get it in writing personally. If I was successful + busy and offered to help someone starting out for no money I'd expect them to wait til I had time. Sucessful types have helped me before and I've been grateful for whatever they can spare.

Better be loose than pressure him and get him to change his mind. What drew him to the project was your enthusiasm and potential talent, don't bring binding legality into it. If the guy flakes you'll just have to deal with it.

I wouldn't get it in writing personally. If I was successful + busy and offered to help someone starting out for no money I'd expect them to wait til I had time. Sucessful types have helped me before and I've been grateful for whatever they can spare.

Better be loose than pressure him and get him to change his mind. What drew him to the project was your enthusiasm and potential talent, don't bring binding legality into it. If the guy flakes you'll just have to deal with it.

Hi,
Thanks for yur kind remarks. To my knowledge I will never antagonise anybody .All are my friends
padma

I've made more from my writing but I have also taken "token" amounts on past projects. The reason is so you can say you have "sold a script for money". Yeah not a lot of money but that is besides the point. Its surprising how much business you can generate by saying that and having an actual reference (all part of the deal). As for the amount, well thats between you and the producer, neither is going to hand that information out, I wouldn't even if I made $2 or $2000.

Cheers!

Congratulations on getting some interest! Ill avoid giving any warnings and just say that even though I'm a recent member here, I have followed your Posts and admire your spirit. Well done!!

I have my first, and ONLY, dollar taped to my wall. But I also have a short, simple, contract giving me 4% of all sales. BTW, that 4% is not "after profit", it's an up-front 4%.

My advantage though, is that I know where the producer lives and can track him down if I have to send some thugs over to collect:)....The internet, and Hollywood for that matter, are full of great potential for lies and deception....On the other hand, if you take some very deep breaths, and then take the time to build up relationships, then you won't have to worry so much about finely detailed contracts.

On the other hand....It's never a bad idea to have a lawyer check things out if it gets to a serious level.
On the other hand....Lawyers can take all the fun out of things.

Best

Midnite

I've made more from my writing but I have also taken "token" amounts on past projects. The reason is so you can say you have "sold a script for money". Yeah not a lot of money but that is besides the point. Its surprising how much business you can generate by saying that and having an actual reference (all part of the deal). As for the amount, well thats between you and the producer, neither is going to hand that information out, I wouldn't even if I made $2 or $2000.

I never even thought of that, great idea.

Back