LOOKING FOR PRODUCER!!!

This is the third time you've posted here for a producer. I'm
beginning to think this might not be the best place to find
one. Or it could be that your posts aren't specific enough.
Adding three exclamation marks and a web site with no
information about what you expect from a producer may
not be the best method to attract one.

I know I'm just repeating myself - but this is your third post
looking for a producer; I suggest you mention in your post
(or on your site) exactly what you expect from a producer.
If you are looking for someone to find money for your movie,
say so. If you are looking for someone to do the job of producer
(for no pay) during production you should say where you
are shooting. If you are looking for a 50/50 partner (find
some of the money/work on your movie as the producer)
you should mention that.

That way, someone reading this post will know if they can
do what you need. There is no further information on your
website about what you need in a producer. Perhaps you
should add all the info there.

I'm curious - have you tried looking anywhere other than
here?

How can I begin production without a producer,is this not the producers job?
You can't. Unless you are the producer.

That's why I keep suggesting you tell people exactly what you are
looking for. Simply stating you need a producer and adding three
exclamation points may not be the best way to let a potential
producer know exactly what you need. Be more clear, be more
open, be specific. I might have some suggestions but I still don't
know exactly what you need. "PRODUCER!!!" just isn't clear enough.
For me anyway. And since you have posted here three times and
on other websites, perhaps it isn't enough for other people.

I have 40 short films and a feature produced (with lots more in the works), and have worn many hats in the process, including producer, casting director, writer, locations scavenger, costume designer, and so on. I did visit your site, but I have to be honest, nothing I am seeing so far wants me to hit the contact button.

You mentioned that you have posted the exact info before, but I really don't feel like trying to locate it. It should be here, or on your site.

If I were to venture a guess on what I have seen, me thinks this might be a faith-based story, and you are looking for someone to find locations, cast the film, find some cash, maybe arrange someone to do post and FX, score, etc.

So, what's in it for them?

a

Last edited:
Well it's easy to project when you don't know the person. The website is there for future purposes,not exactly to attract people. I'm new to all of this. Instead of telling me that your not impressed why don't you help connect me to someone. Maybe give some constructive advice. I'm looking for "HELP" so that this film can become a reality that's it. I'm not in this for money but I surely wouldn't push it away. I don't want anyone to do all the work for me if that's what you think. I just know that strength stronger in numbers. Basically I just need a crew.

So you need a crew. Are you a writer? Do you have a screenplay to shoot the movie from? Or do you have just an idea for a movie that you need to be written into a screenplay?

Here is one version of your track that you could follow, from the info you ve gathered.
You have a movie idea.
Find a writer and tell him about the movie idea
The writer will write a screenplay for you.
You take the screenplay and from here you can either
A. Find a producer. Tell him/her: hey, I have tho screenplay. Would you be interested in producing it? If they say yes - they will start looking for people, like movie director, camera, casting directors (or just go straight to actors, depending on the budget, which will most likely to be zero). Then they ll find post production erc...

B (most likely te route you ll go) with a screenplay on your hands - you ll try to fid the crew yourself, aka YOU ll e a producer. You ll see how much money you have (most likely lo-no budget) post ads on (most likel craigslist).

That's sort of a very in the back shell view of what you re looking for, probably. There are 6 different producers types.

Soo the question comes down to it this:

Do you have a screenplay?

Be you're own producer.

Have you done any films before? 'Cause it looks like that this is your first time. Is this film (the one you need a producer for) a feature? If so, why not make a short film first and kinda get your feet wet? Get some experience, some practice before you move on to the big stuff.

But dlevanchuk is right on with his question... Do you have a screenplay? Or for that matter, do you have a GREAT screenplay? It's all about the script man. If you're material is good enough, people will get excited and even if you're not paying them, they'll love to work on this film with you.

Anyway, go to craigslist or mandy. You're likely to find a producer there.

P.S. For the film that I'm working on right now, I'm my own producer. I did all the casting, gathered the crew (which is a dp and a friend. i did the location sound myself), location scout, buy food for the cast and crew with my own college money and scheduled shoot dates and everything. Yes it was hectic, but it was a fun experience especially knowing that I pulled it off. We have 2 more days of shooting (one today, one tomorrow) and the film is almost complete. The lesson is, if you really wanna get things done, you gotta take matters with your own hands. Don't rely on other people because you're the only person who will be SUPER passionate about you're own project. HARD WORK HARD WORK HARD WORK goes a veryyyyy long way man.

Good luck!

You did say 'all your information' is on your site, so I took that to mean info about the film.

Anyways, there are several ways to pull a crew together by tapping into sites geared for soilciting various talents, including actors. This site hase several sub catagories where you can solicit help. Mandy.com is a big site used by many with good success.

You may also have a local film commision that can help find a crew. You do have MAFILM right in your backyard (Lynn, Mass.) http://www.mafilm.org/ I have used these commisions to find locations, boom operators, editing, and so on. You may also have a film school or theater school close enough to tap for support. Lot of folks out there wanting to get involved - that's not to say they will ever actually show up.

You can't just say 'I have a project. Help me' if we have little or no idea what the project is, and I can hardly hook you up with some kind of support if I have no idea what to tell the prospective crew. What if it's something I don't want my name associated with? Been there, trust me. It happens.

My best advice is to contact MaFilm and get started there. They have all the info you need. That and surf the sub forums here for folks in your area, or close enough to get there.

a

alex

The website is there for future purposes,not exactly to attract people. I'm new to all of this. Instead of telling me that your not impressed why don't you help connect me to someone. Maybe give some constructive advice.
That's what I've been doing but you resist.

When you point a potential producer to your website it should
be designed to attract people. A potential producer will go to
your web site (as you asked) to get more information but you
do not provide the needed information.

I know you're new to all of this and I (and others) are trying to
help you with constructive advice. But you seem to resist it. I
would be glad to help you connect to someone but you have
not been clear about what, exactly, you need and you seem
defensive when asked to be clear.

My first bit of advice is to not send people to a website that is
there for future purposes by telling them they will get all the
information there.

Okay, I'll stop posting. I know you don't want to hear what I have
to say.

Details? I'd like to know exactly what it is I'm looking into before contacting you about it.

As mentioned several times before, you neglect to state what you want in a producer...

Yes this is my first film. Thanks for the advice. I've been feeling that way lately. Thinking I should just do it myself. And yes the screenplay is very good. Very unique. I just know my strengths and weaknesses. I would rather get more done with a team. Basically right now if you have the smarts to produce ill let you produce this epic story. It's just finding producers :/ I hope your film is a great success!

Back