• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Larusso's WICKERMAN (4min.) HD

A bit of a soft launch, password protected, but in HD. (1280 x 720)

http://www.vimeo.com/29982556
password: PM me for password :)

Credits at the end. Had a lot of fun with this one. : )

picture.php

I'll let the other threads peter out and will update this one with additional info.

http://flickerpictures.com/wickerman.htm

Happy Rocktober everyone!

Last edited:
Not yet. Real soon though. Will post here when it's officially live. thanks!
* we'll probably have a file on Vimeo, but will most likely promote the YouTube version.

Last edited:
I just watched the youtube one via the email link u sent. Same one right?

Anyway, i think this is definitely tighter and better than the first cut. Good job!
And once again, compliments on the drum hits! Filmed very nicely!

Excellent, Jeff!

The desaturated color in the daytime exteriors was particularly effective.

I really liked the mask montage around 2:10-2:15.

Very nicely done...loved it.

thanks guys. yeah (I think, pretty sure) it was the same file on YouTube.
I'm having some concerns with the vimeo playback. I keep seeing phantom "frame" lines, especially during the fire shots. Hard to explain, but I know the uploaded file is 100%. Just looks kinda weird, could be me. I've been known to be weird. Maybe I'll stick with the YouTube one.
* maybe it was the laptop I was viewing it on. actually that may have been it...

Last edited:
Lookin' forward to the officially live one, to spread around some. :cool:

Very cool to see how it all came together.

Love it! Didn't even seem like 4 minutes had passed, I'd say this is a successful music video when one wants to view the whole thing. Congrats Jeff and company!

It's a good song. Really catchy, well recorded, and I dig the singer's voice. It's definitely got that post-grunge vibe going on, and I think will do REALLY well for the band.

That said, I'm not too crazy about it personally...not really my thing. My tastes tend towards the more esoteric though and, again, it's a good song. Some of the lyrics seemed a little weak (or at least, in comparison to how well he was singing them). Very very catchy though!

And, again, LOVED the video. Can't wait until it goes live...I know a few people who will really dig it!

:)

This being the third music video I've put together, I must say that the song really has something about it that works for me. It's not a love song per se, it's not hard metal, but it has an artful quality to it that makes it more accessible than the previous two videos. Hopefully that will help it get some traction somewhere out there. It is definitely catchy and Tym has a great voice and amazing stage presence.

I'm hoping the band puts a radio edit together (smudge out the "fucked up" line) and tries to get it out there this month or in the future. Time will tell. Thanks for watching!

I helped Flicker shoot this (on the stipulation that Bernie Lawson wouldn't come) and when I heard the song on the boom box for Tym to lip sync, I assumed it was some hit song from a name band and that Tym was just covering it. I was shocked when I found out it's original material.

The language thing didn't even register with me (I always forget about things like that). Yeah, they need to get on making an edited mix RIGHT AWAY. This could definitely get play on any modern/hard rock radio station! It's definitely an accessable, catchy song. Not only does Tym have a good voice, he uses it really well, which can often distinguish a good singer from a great one.

I'm actually kinda surprised that they didn't give you an edited version to do the video with. I assume these guys have a local following; they sound like a band that's been around for a while. Do they tend to play with heavier bands? If so, I can see why they wouldn't care about the language. But if they gig with other rock bands, even hard rock, it seems like they'd have an awareness of the radio/language barrier.

And brian, snubbing Bernie is just shooting yourself in the foot ;)

It's a good point to bring up because in one edit I included a synced clip of Tym singing "Fucked up and broken" but then decided to swap it out with a cutaway just in case we put together a "clean" version for festivals and such. Didn't want it to look weird with him mouthing the words and hearing something different.

So yeah, of course I don't mind profanity at all, but for radio play you gotta scrub out those F bombs.

I think Bernie is on hiatus, but does check in on the boards from time to time. Watch out Luce.

We'll see if it all comes together. I hope it does. These multi-band rock shows have a tendency to self-destruct so I'll believe it when I'm at the event watching and hearing the projected video in focus. ;)

Would have preferred to go live with the video now, well before Halloween, but since it's a team effort and a two-way collaboration I gots to make a few concessions.

Shows do sometimes implode, but just as often they go well! Hope it does, and the poster is fantastic! No doubt people will love the video!

We'll see if it all comes together. I hope it does. These multi-band rock shows have a tendency to self-destruct so I'll believe it when I'm at the event watching and hearing the projected video in focus. ;)

Would have preferred to go live with the video now, well before Halloween, but since it's a team effort and a two-way collaboration I gots to make a few concessions.

:) Christmas morning has been postponed until Valentines day.

Back